New Jack the Ripper claim strains under scrutiny

IIRC one of the clues is the “surgeon like skill” he used to cut up his victims, leading them to assume he was a famous doctor. Not investigated: thousands of unnamed butchers around the city that know just as well how to handle a knife.

3 Likes

It was HG wells’s best friend John Stevenson.

2 Likes

Of course any theory of the reason the killings stopped will be faulty. Because we all know he was abducted by the Vorlons and turned into their inquisitor

2 Likes

Didn’t know it was a novel. Great film!
Now I must scour Amazon for it.

Fun board game aside.

1 Like

Whoa, that takes me back, I think I read this when it came out. I remember Our Hero going to McDonald’s, which he figures will have good Scots food. He assumes after he tries the fries that they are synthesized from grass seed.

2 Likes

And a girl says something like I haven’t heard that since Kennedy died so Wells responds Ah yes, Irish chap.

Its a great fish out of water story. You are seeing the present through the eyes of a great futurist from the past.

2 Likes

I swear this was dealt with and dismissed by one skeptical podcast or another more than a year ago, for the same reasons. Why is this in the news again?

That’s got to be a subplot in a Chuck Tingle book.

5 Likes

Pounded in the butt by Jack the Ripper, and he was THE SAME SASQUATCH that killed Kennedy to cover up the fake moon landing program!

FTFY

6 Likes

Of course. :unamused:

1 Like

It was not! It was Colonel Mustard in the parlor with the candlestick.

4 Likes
closed #35

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.