New Make Wiki Button

Does anyone have edit revisions turned off?

Would that get auto-turned-back-on for the comment if you make the comment a wiki?

I do, and it does.

1 Like

Idea for a game:

Arcane board of Wiki edit revision roll backs that’s obviously ideologically partisan and impossible to get into after the group’s membership has been settled within the first couple of hours of it’s creation?

2 Likes

Can’t fave again! That does sound like fun though, and it needs to be completely inscrutable from the outside. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

They could complain that any attempt to edit the current state of perfection of the wikis is a conspiracy of dolts whilst simultaneously asserting that there are no such things as conspiracies.

2 Likes

also, it appears that sneaky mods don’t leave a trace when editing your wiki-comment

They obliterated all signs of my edits while they were at it. How odd!

1 Like

Maybe I re-edited it too quickly?

@codinghorror whadupwidat?

@monkeyoh says he edited my comment but no edit history is available for his edit…

I should probably try that markdown tutorial.

4 Likes

This could get… interesting.

We can call it “Wikipedia.”

2 Likes

Good idea, but I think there should be a subtle misspelling in it so that those in the know can differentiate.

What about “Wikapedia”?

alternatively

{{Citation needed}}

1 Like

or the BBS has become sentient?

3 Likes

Do fractional likes get apportioned to wiki post contributors?

1 Like

I will be very sad if I missed the Automation Day of @othermichael.

4 Likes

I get way too much credit, and @gwwar gets next to none. She’s written the only bbbbs-bot that I’m aware of.

7 Likes

I wasn’t talking about you programming the BBS, silly. I was talking about the day that your spastic rules-enforcing bbs personality gets turned into a program.

But, you’re right, gwwar will likely be the architect of that project.

5 Likes

Does she work for Discourse? I don’t think she does.

“Automation Day” was a little unclear. It won’t be celebrated until 2019 at least.

3 Likes

Yet.

1 Like