New Monkey Island game coming!

This warms my little pirate heart. Ron Gilbert returns to the franchise.

6 Likes
4 Likes

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

4 Likes

Arrrrrrr, this be a rare spot o’ good news.

3 Likes

Apparently it will pick up after Monkey Island 2, ignoring all the non-Gilbert sequels, which will be interesting.

2 Likes

Ron says that Curse is still canon. Can’t wait to see how they do it

2 Likes

Oh man, this is a series I missed. Worth visiting at this late hour?

1 Like

Yes! If you like point and click adventures. The remakes of 1&2 are good and offer the ability to toggle back and forth between updated or original graphics.

That is good! I am glad that Tim’s contribution to the series still stands. Of course, I am completely in now that I know Murray is in it too!

2 Likes

Thanks - I’m a fan of some of Lucasarts‘s stuff (Full Throttle is an all time favorite). Good to see that it’s been updated and te-released, so I hopefully won’t have to mess with emulators

2 Likes

You will tear your hair out in frustration tho. IIRC, Monkey island was hard. Maybe wear a hat.

2 Likes

I’ll second that. I played through the remake of 1 last year. I loved it. It had been 30 or so years since I’d first played it and it felt just like being 12 again (only this time I didn’t have to return the disks to the kids down the street and got to the finish the game).

4 Likes

For anyone that is interested in the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition (the modern updated remaster) and that has a Prime account, it is free to keep this month through Games with Prime

2 Likes

Ooooo. Good to know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.