New ska punk supergroup comprised of infamous anti-vaxxers sadly not called The Covidiots

Originally published at: New ska punk supergroup comprised of infamous anti-vaxxers sadly not called The Covidiots | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The Fuckwits?

23 Likes

Are you sure they didn’t do that?

9 Likes

Looking forward to the superspreader events wherever these idiots find a venue willing to host them.

8 Likes

Somewhere in NYC maybe?

11 Likes

That’s disappointing. I wasn’t a huge Bosstones fan, but enjoyed their music enough to go see them play in San Francisco 20+ years ago. It was a fun show–I don’t think I have sweated so much at a concert before (or since). During the show Dicky gave his jacket away to a fan and then stayed to meet with anyone who wanted to say hi in the lobby as we exited after the show.

8 Likes

loosers, i.e., loose screws :crazy_face:

1 Like

Eric Adams just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. How tf did he get the Democratic nomination? Why is he even a Democrat at this point?

12 Likes

And to think we could’ve had the estimable Kathryn Garcia instead of Eric Adams.

5 Likes

How tf did he get the Democratic nomination?

I think he may have done it mostly by scaring enough voters with his Tough On Crime pose.

6 Likes

In college, some of my friends called themselves the skabbies. Hope they trademarked it.

3 Likes

Yes, but what are they going to be spreading? Just COVID or are they also going to spread measles? Why not go for the quartet and spread COVID, measles, mumps, and rubella? :rage:

6 Likes

If I were stupid and contagious and looking to entertain people I’d probably go more in the direction of a Nirvana cover band; but artistic differences…

3 Likes

Q: How is a moose unlike the Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

A: A Moose has the horns in the front and the asshole in the rear.

And that’s my opinion of Dickey, even if I did enjoy the rest of the band in a live show many many years ago in a college venue.

15 Likes

At least, that’s the impression that I get.

(Sorry, I had to.)

Did you, though? Did you REALLY have to?

I question the sincerity of your apology.

5 Likes

So…the Mighty Mighty Cough Tones?

13 Likes

I guess I should consider myself lucky in that I came away from several Mighty Mighty Bosstones concerts in the early 90’s with permanent tinnitus. Now, seeing Dickie’s current band could get me something far worse.

4 Likes

If they really hang with of a lot of other antivaxxerz, maybe the could call it Polio and the Iron Lungs?

2 Likes

I think I’d rather have…

4 Likes

Same bullshit that Bill Clinton used and then gave us “welfare reform”

Socially liberal but fiscally conservative and tough on crime has always been a lie.

4 Likes