Former Bosstones singer produced RFK Jr's new anti-vax anthem

Originally published at: Former Bosstones singer produced RFK Jr's new anti-vax anthem | Boing Boing

6 Likes

RFK Jr continues to sully the name of his father and now one of his friends self-immolates his career, all in the name of one of the most idiotic and dangerous causes ever.

[@thomdunn: the headline needs an edit]

19 Likes

This is so heartbreaking. I’ve been listening to the Bosstones for almost 30yrs, and when the news of their break up hit me this weekend I was quite surprised. “Almost 40yrs together, I’m sure it can get exhausting,” I thought. It never even occurred to me that “ska band breaking up over anti-vax lead singer” would be a possibility…

It’s not like I knew these guys (autographed t-shirt from a show at The Rave in 1994 or 95 is cool but certainly doesn’t count), but I guess I always had more of a positive / happy impression of them, and the anger and indignation that typically comes along with those who are anti-vax seems so out-of-character. So sad. :frowning:

22 Likes

At least if it was really an Anti-Tax Anthem we could make some “Bosstone Tea Party” puns.

33 Likes

Meanwhile, Jimmy Kimmel Live! also announced that the show would have a new announcer.

That happened like two weeks ago or so. Jimmy said something like, “He is taking his tattoos and packing up and moving to Arizona.” and then introduced the new guy. I never realized that was him doing the intros.

Condolences to the Bosstones fans. :confused: It sucks when someone whose music you have listened to for a longtime and has gotten you through rough spots turns out to have a someone in the group that tarnishes that. Try to enjoy the music regardless.

14 Likes

While of course this is awful, I have always preferred the Toasters and a comrade of mine has always been a Bosstones partisan, so I am looking forward to rubbing this in his face a little. Bucket ain’t never gonna go like that.

4 Likes

Gee, it’s almost as if a father who had poured his heart out to the world about his young child’s struggle with having a very serious heart condition doesn’t want to see the face anymore of someone who pals around with assholes who don’t give a flying shit about spreading both lies and a deadly disease around that can seriously mess up anyone with a serious heart condition.

Wild right?

26 Likes

In both senses – I worked a fatal motorcycle wreck, and two weeks ago I was one unit of platelets from dead – Montana had zero (and neither did I, which is pretty quickly fatal.) I got lucky – a unit came available in Bozeman and got hand-transported to me that afternoon.

I don’t think my family would have liked that outcome.

ObNag: give blood. And platelets – both save lives [1] and there’s a nationwide shortage.

[1] Sometimes your own. Getting turned down for a donation saved mine.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t normally correct a typo like that, but this one’s an important clarification:

13 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

11 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Fucking autocorrect. @beschizza , a little help?

6 Likes

The feeble, feeble Bosstonian

9 Likes

If you need to use the word “mighty” twice, you are definitely overcompensating for something.

Mighty Mouse and the Mighty Ducks never had this kind of issue.

3 Likes

I think Earth, Wind & Fire might disagree
They’re mighty mighty

9 Likes

Hope they replace him and “reform” in a few months.

1 Like

Aw man, they are hording all the mighty!

Caravan Palace only has one :confused:

2 Likes

Mighty Mighty might

2 Likes

I always knew those guys sucked, can’t believe they were even still around.

2 Likes

it’s the depression that I get…

3 Likes