Former Bosstones singer produced RFK Jr's new anti-vax anthem

mmm, yes. VERY punk rock of him.

like eric clapton. a song of his came on the radio the other day and i had to change it. note to musicians: keep it to yourself.

2 Likes

I get the sentiment, but that’s not really how it works with artists.

3 Likes

Politics and music have gone hand-in-hand since the beginning.

I don’t expect musicians to be apolitical in their work or their personal lives, but I certainly get why the rest of the band apparently doesn’t want to work with this guy anymore.

4 Likes

@Brainspore @Carbohydrates11g – yeah yeah i know. i know artists have always used their platform for politics and i knew when i posted i would likely hear about all they do for good, etc. i get it! just my opinion, and it may not be a popular one. understood.

If the music has a political message, you are likely to be agree with or at least tolerate that message if you enjoy the music. (I supposed some RATM fans are an example of this not always being the case.). At any rate, they are upfront with their views.

But if your music was largely apolitical, people from across the political spectrum can be into your music. Most people have no idea nor care about their personal political opinions, and you can feel blindsided when someone thought was “cool” turns out to be a douche. :confused:

1 Like

You know, I think I prefer saying they should keep it to themselves than wishing they all would get what they deserve.

Seeing one of the few children of color being snubbed and their reaction seems emblematic:

The Injection That I (won’t) Get

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.