Randy Rainbow's "Bunker Boy" pokes fun at Trump hiding out

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/08/randy-rainbows-bunker-boy.html

15 Likes

Is there an uncensored “Bunker Bitch” version?

10 Likes

Magnificent! …to the tune of The Jitterbug, a piece which didn’t make the final cut of The Wizard of Oz film.

16 Likes

as i was listening to it i knew i recognized the song, but couldn’t place where it was from or even the original lyrics – then Randy tweeted about how pleased he was that an obscure tune from the Wizard of Oz was trending now thanks to everyone talking about it, and i thought “OOOHHhhhhhh! THAT’S IT!”

all that being said, i really really hope that “Bunker Boy” (finally) becomes the nickname we all agree on for him. it’s catchy, alliterative, and he probably HATES it. so it’s perfect.

17 Likes

Randy Rainbow? Im guessing he had Death to Smoochy playing in the background when he chose a name :smile:

(Robin Williams character was Rainbow Randolph)

3 Likes

This man is a national treasure.

20 Likes

IIRC, he’s said that it’s actually his birth name.

10 Likes

Huh, didnt see that coming. Im a casual fan of his, but his name has always made me think of the movie lol.

3 Likes

That should be called the “Neil Diamond effect”

11 Likes

Randy does some amazing stuff. The problem for me is that his songs can be very durable earworms. The last one like that was “Distraction,” which he sang to the tune of “Tradition,” from “Fiddler On The Roof.”

14 Likes

Maybe he felt like the word “bitch” was too problematic.

10 Likes

at 1:12 when he departs from his usual shtick to actually sing for about 2 seconds, it sounds pretty amazing.

4 Likes

And that junior high was… difficult.

6 Likes

Will “If He Only Had a Brain” be next?

7 Likes

“Bitch” is misogynist. “Boy” is infantilizing. I think he made the right call here.

19 Likes

Trump can be the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion all at once.

Who has the misfortune of being Trump’s Dorothy?

8 Likes

I’m imagining Ivanka with a shrunken Jared as Toto. Based on the recent church photo op, Melania could play the witch.

12 Likes

Witches world-wide deserve more favorable comparisons.

13 Likes

Can we get a GoFund me going to have this air on FoxNews??

8 Likes

‘Desperate Cheeto’ to the tune of ‘Despacito’ is impossible to get out of your head.

5 Likes