Crowd boos Boris "Leave" Johnson as he leaves his home

[Read the post]

7 Likes

Well, that cheered me up. Can we extend this behaviour to, well, pretty much every politician we have? Iā€™d like that. Needs more cowbell/pots and pans, maybe, but Iā€™m not fussy.

28 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that Johnson - possibly the most self-centred and selfish politician we have even including John Mann, who never opens his mouth except to pursue his own interest - is so popular with the ā€œpatrioticā€ party.

[edit - forgot Liam Fox, how could I?]

13 Likes

If youā€™re feeling particularly charitable, you could almost feel sorry for Johnson. He campaigned for Brexit in a calculated, purely political move to shore up support with grassroots Eurosceptic Tories. But if youā€™ve followed his career youā€™ll know he never actually wanted Britain to leave.He couldnā€™t hide his devastation during his ā€œvictoryā€ speech. And now, as heir presumptive to Cameron, he will have to lead a Britain which will almost certainly break up, leaving behind an economically crippled and irrelevant England itself riven by bitter and hateful divides exposed by the referendum.

For all his bumbling, Latin-quoting and quick-quipping buffoonery, this is a Machiavellian operator who has contributed to the break-up of the country he presumably loves. He deserves not just boos.

Iā€™d find it funny but unfortunately I live here and instead vacillate between depression and terror because of the chaos thatā€™s been unleashed by a referendum that was treated by the voters as a protest vote.

29 Likes

It seems to be a winning formula throughout history.

3 Likes

Same. But for myself Iā€™d need to add mindless wide eyed hysteria to the depression and terror.

4 Likes

Cameron had no excuse for not knowing, since MEP elections have always been protest votes.

I feel as if, after years of decline, we had slowly been moving forward as a country and beginning to look as if a modern progressive democracy was semi-possible, only to run into a brick wall of elderly white xenophobes. Oh well, now theyā€™ve served their purpose their winter fuel allowance and their bus passes can be abolished, and council social service provision for the elderly can be cut. The public funding deficit will soon start to reduce once the mortality rate among the over-70s increases.
The OAPs in Spain have already realised that reciprocal healthcare agreements are going to go.
Thatā€™s part of the fantasy Ā£350 million a week that went to Brussels (nearer Ā£100 million actually.)

I donā€™t think there is room in his mind for love of anything but Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

8 Likes

But if weā€™re lucky, the Conservatives will give us the wonderful Theresa May as PM instead, as a ā€˜unifyingā€™ candidate (unified against her, hopefully). Who doesnā€™t love police states?

Or Priti Patel, and we can have another referendum, this time on reintroducing the death penalty.

3 Likes

Personally I canā€™t wait until heā€™s challenged on when heā€™s going to commit to the Ā£350m pledge that was plastered to the bus he was driving around the country for the past few weeks.

Heā€™ll dodge & dive as politicians always do, but after he does that follow up with an innocent question about whether
A) heā€™s someone who doesnā€™t understand the implicit promise in that statement
B) someone who didnā€™t actually check this or
C) some kind of blank eyed shark seeking power for itā€™s own sake.

Whilst he does his comedy fluster schtick ask him which of these type of person should be allowed anywhere near the levers of power? May be he can ask experts about itā€¦

7 Likes

So why campaign FOR IT? Same for all the people now expressing regret that they voted FOR IT. If itā€™s not what they wanted, then why support it, simply to garner support from a wing of his party?

7 Likes

How quaint. The citizens in the UK can actually get within booing distance of the politicians. Here in the US, the ā€œfree speechā€ zones are usually many miles away from the people who should hear protests.

14 Likes

Fuck, donā€™t even joke about it. I shudder to think what would happen if we went around asking what people thought about shit like thatā€¦

9 Likes

Pretty much, aye.

3 Likes

So, we can assume that they are lying about not actually supporting it, or that they really donā€™t care about the consequences of their actions.

4 Likes

Now thatā€™s the jackpot question. Little bit from column A, little bit from column B, probably.

3 Likes

Johnson has a track record of making shit up (why the Times fired him) and being an utterly unprincipled git.

(Edit: sorry, this was meant to be a reply to @Mindysan33ā€¦)

4 Likes

As quoth Samuel Johnson; ā€œPatriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.ā€

3 Likes

Excellent ā€˜wan-kaahā€™ at 0:35.

3 Likes

So just who are these dozens of booing people? Are they just ordinary citizens who happened to be passing by in their yellow vests? Or are they maybe his political opponents? Iā€™m a Yank, so I donā€™t suppose it matters to me, but still.

Leaving this here without any comment

ETA: this is a man that wrote this in a car review:

7 Likes