New study: Pfizer and Moderna vaccines' immune response may last a lifetime

But don’t expect this to help you in places like the US where they have still withheld approval for AstraZenica. AstraZenica doses are not recognized in the US at all and so I would need to have a third dose (second mRNA) to qualify as “fully immunized” in the states.

1 Like

I don’t think it works like that. Just because the AZ vaccine can’t be administered legally in the US doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Once I had to fly out to a physician’s office to enter a code to unlock a pacemaker programmer for a patient who was on vacation and had a model of pacemaker that was not available in the US. I unlocked it, they reprogrammed the device, then I entered a different code to re-lock the programmer to The US configuration. It’s not like everyone had to pretend they didn’t have a pacemaker.

3 Likes

Not saying it makes sense, just that it is. As much as it galls me to post a link to the NP, here you go:

I wouldn’t trust that source. People who have received the AZ vaccine in the clinical trial are considered vaccinated according to the CDC.

1 Like

Most drugs aren’t given to 150 million people in the space of six months. There is a lot of data on these vaccines, which should accelerate the timeframe for full approval. I’ve seen quite a few experts express surprise/frustration that they haven’t been approved already, and others saying July-August is a reasonable timeframe. Here’s a sampling: Calls rise for FDA to fully approve COVID-19 vaccines | TheHill

Well, take it from the source then.

All guests must be fully vaccinated on the day of attendance and will be required to adhere to all applicable COVID protocols. Please note “fully vaccinated” means at least 14 days after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine. Proof of vaccination must be your physical vaccination card, which shows a US-approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen). This will be required upon arrival.

It only works if you update the firmware on the 5G chip regularly.

NBC is not the CDC.

1 Like

Um, no. It’s definitely not. Even if you confuse your Bs and Ds, the N definitely distinguishes them.

I’m not able to understand what you’re even getting at here. Company X is denying access based on which vaccine you have received (specifically Vaccines that are not currently approved for use by USians. I sure hope this changes but you can’t tell me that it isn’t true or happening.

Some of the venues made amendments to allow Astra Zeneca - the Springsteen Broadway show was one. I have no idea if NBC followed suit.

It does seem to be a problem in general.
You can do X if you are vaccinated.
Which vaccine?
…. Here is the official list.
Mine is not on the list.
Then X is forbidden!!
I cannot get the ones one the list for legitimate reasons.
… Let me talk to my manager

The changes in Canadian quarantine did not address this well for people returning from jurisdictions that did not do AZ/Pfizer/Moderna.

I saw somewhere that the domestic Astra Zeneca version that is made in India is not acceptable for Europe since no one did the paperwork.

1 Like

Your statement:

Is false. The CDC recognizes those who have been vaccinated as part of the AZ clinical trial as vaccinated. One example of a venue that doesn’t is not evidence that backs up that statement.

It is currently a somewhat moot point, as Canadians still can’t enter the US (nor vice-versa) for non-essential travel. Seeing a broadway show is not an essential purpose.

Let’s see what happens on July 21, assuming normal travel for vaccinated persons resumes. I would go out on a limb and bet that Canadians who are vaccinated with AZ will have no problem at the border. There are simply too many to exclude.

3 Likes

Holy cow they last a lifetime! If I get two will I live to be 140?

true, but right now almost all of the people who are getting infected are unvaccinated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.