New thingy from Teenage Engineering is $1200

In fairness, these are likely available but via a proprietary snake. The Apogee Duet had one that was unwieldy but did the trick, and I have to assume that for this thing to call itself a mixer it would need a similar mechanism.

1 Like

I have basically zero musical talent, but would I ever love an OP-1. Too bad they are so damn expensive.

2 Likes

Yep. The distortion index is strong in Hollywood. Whenever they show someone who has a regular job like a teacher, waiter, flight attendant or such living in a large apartment in NYC or San Francisco, it sends the wrong message. They should show the truth- that unless they come from big family money or they sell lots of meth, regular people in those expensive cities live in apartments where the entrance door doesn’t open all the way before it bumps into the far wall, you can’t take a shower and lay out the bed at the same time, and you share it with 5 other people.

3 Likes

The best/worst is when they have the starving artist’s seedy loft or the rebels’ abandoned squat and I’m like I would kill to have that space!

3 Likes

If it’s not a drop-in replacement for my gravity wire, I’m just not interested.

I do love the way this device looks and the general idea of it. But, wow… I could buy another laptop for that – a good one, too. I’d be willing to pay some premium for good design, but yikes. And, I really need at least one mic preamp.

Here’s a review suggesting why you might want it, though I did suggest other options with onboard synths and processing at around that price point. And with enough room for mic connectivity.

Going back to the size “But mixing requires being able to access faders and the assignable knobs easily; here it looks like you’d practically need tweezers. And I wonder if the price point could have been less had they gone even a portion larger, as the custom mechanical engineering here would seem to account for the cost.”
And fitted mic inputs too…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.