New York fashion school apologizes for racist catwalk face mask

The phrase has been in the UK since at least the 1930s (when Agatha Christie used it in a book). But yours and Sheriff Fatman’s responses are true and there no doubt exists a cross fertilisation between extreme rightwing and racist groups across the globe (and beyond the English language) with similar themes and slogans. I do not think it is productive if I respond directly with contrary examples because I do not want to get into a our racists are worse than your racists discussion – they are all awful and deserving our strongest opposition.

1 Like

QFT. 

These may be too generic, same/similar terms have been used to describe, for example, Irish immigrants to UK. But again, probably not profitable to go down the xenophobe route either.

You are right. Citation definitely not needed.

2 Likes

I think this just shows how far down the path of decadence and folly “fashion” designers and wearers thereof have wandered.

Like a great deal of modern “art”, it serves no purpose other than to separate not overly bright people from large sums of money while seeking the approval of other not too bright people, all of whom must be seen as “with it” for any current trend however puerile or offensive it might be.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.