New Zealand campers wake up to find money placed behind windshield wipers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/13/new-zealand-campers-wake-up-to.html

4 Likes

Maybe it was a remorseful bear, feeling guilty about that car he trashed a few years ago.

11 Likes

Not too many wild bears in NZ. Keas, on the other hand, will totally trash your car and steal your shit. But they are uber kyoot about it, so they get a pass.

PROTIP: comments on Stuff are almost as idiotic and hateful as YouTube. Abandon hope all ye who enter there.

16 Likes

Not wild. Perhaps it’s a wealthy foreign bear that moved to NZ for tax reasons?

13 Likes

It’s a new directive from high command. Now the aliens have to pay anal probing subjects.

8 Likes

I’m willing to bet that not all of them did.

14 Likes

BRB, booking airline tickets.

6 Likes

Aliens aren’t paying to anally probe them. They’re paying for their time – and if an anal probe happens, well that’s between the aliens and the campers.

6 Likes

At least $6800 worth did, although I can’t say how many folks that adds up to. A good bit more than is likely to have done so in 'Murica, I’d guess.

1 Like

There are apps to find good camping spots in NZ based on comments and ratings.
I bet this one is going to get some pretty great reviews soon!

3 Likes

Maybe it was one of those social science experiments? Put $10 000 on windshields and see what happens.

4 Likes

Jesse Pinkman rides again…

Money

12 Likes

The recipients of the gifts turned the money over to police, fearing it might be stolen/

Kiwi’s need some street smarts learn’un.

5 Likes

It’s mine! I was wondering where I put it!

4 Likes

6,800 NZD = 4,105.29 EUR

2 Likes

6,800 NZD = 575,208.28 ISK (which is about the price of a coffee in Reykjavik).

5 Likes

Wow, the 10Y chart of NZD to ISK conversion ratios looks like a cross-section of the Alps.
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=NZD&to=ISK&view=10Y

3 Likes

When I was in 9th grade I was in this math class with other precocious little shits from around the area. They had a college prof teaching us, and he did not like us. One day he flipped out, threw a textbook at a kid, and stormed out with two hours left in class. Most of us were like “yay!” but then some kids got freaked out and assigned us all homework based on what they thought the prof would do.

Somebody at this campsite was just like those bastards - they gotta ruin the fun for everybody.

9 Likes

O_o

Now that’s what I call a rage-quit.

9 Likes

No. They really don’t.

5 Likes