New Zealand city in the crossfire of "speaker battles" that weaponize Céline Dion

Originally published at: New Zealand city in the crossfire of "speaker battles" that weaponize Céline Dion | Boing Boing

1 Like

those involved in this subculture

Private cars really seem to inspire entire subcultures of arseholes.

10 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

The cars might provide a particularly obnoxious outlet, but assholes are going to asshole. If it weren’t cars, there’d find another way to prove to the world what a jerk they are.

5 Likes

"They play half a song and tweak it on their things and make a screeching noise…

Improvement?

Mayor Anita Baker, this you?

I’m sure that there’s some reason this is carrying merrily along despite being a violation of section 10 of one of the town’s bylaws, in addition to whatever nuisance laws or torts exist at the New Zealand level.

I’m much less sure that it reflects well on the feckfullness of the relevant enforcement apparatus.

1 Like

That’s my post-apocalyptic gang name.

5 Likes

I would like a directed EMP weapon, please. Probably so would these frustrated folks in NZ. :confused:

4 Likes

Came to make sure that scene from the Blues Brothers had been posted, thank you. And having watched it just now, because I haven’t seen it in years, I’m particularly amused since I’m sitting at work in Lake County, Illinois right now!

6 Likes

[insert “Hey you, on the water skis!” clip from Meatballs]

1 Like

Came here for this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to live across the street from a (very polite) competitive Siren/Horn enthusiast. The competitions were held in remote areas, and the judging was done by how loud the horns or sirens were one mile away.

We met because, one especially foggy night in Boston, the moisture from the fog accidentally triggered the horn at 2am. It was quite the wake up.

The story always brings me a smile, because our downstairs neighbors were unreasonably fussy about noise. Surprise!

1 Like

Also wouldn’t be a bad name for a band… Hmm…

1 Like

Does this hobby have hearing aid companies for sponsors?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.