Newsmax's John Bachman says Biden wants to remove all CO2 from the air: "what're the trees gonna turn into oxygen?"

SOLD!

1 Like

Note, I think they said the 8% was for “girth/hardness” and not length though.

If we take all the stupid out of his brain what is he going to report on?

2 Likes

That movie was the worst adaptation of a 1970s sitcom I’ve ever seen.

9 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers. . . .

2 Likes

First they came for the c02, then they came for the dihydrogen monoxide. Communism intends to turn the Earth into Mars! The RED planet!

12 Likes

Because Newsmax and OANN are not, ostensibly, tabloids. They are in standard cable news packages, grouped right next to their big brother Fox News. They are in the White House press corps. OANN is the only “news” organization permitted in by AZ Republicans to monitor and report on the ongoing Arizona 2020 election “audit” cosplay: and even now, with no released results whatsoever, their Chyron claims “Officials Finding Signs Of Fraud.”

They need to be given enough air to breathe, so that they can then be asphyxiated by the falsehood suppression system of documented facts and truth.

Newsmax host John Bachman is smart enough to know that trees take carbon dioxide from the air and release oxygen. He’s also smart enough to know his audience is dumb enough to believe that the Biden administration wants to remove every last molecule of CO2 from the atmosphere.

Can’t he also be dumb enough to also believe that “the Biden administration wants to remove every last molecule of CO2 from the atmosphere”?

In the same way, that Sen. James Inhofe (Q-OK) brought the snowball into the Senate to dispute climate change, I’m willing to give people like this the benefit of the doubt that they are, or have conditioned themselves to be, that dumb.

4 Likes

Tabloids, propaganda, whatever. They are a channel of misinformation, outright lies and make believe. Just because they have idiots with a WH press pass doesn’t make them anymore legit.

3 Likes

I suppose it could work, if you don’t mind sounding dumber than Fox, which is… pretty dumb.

One could ask:

1. did these people ever heard of personal integrity?
  2. in which abyss of stupidity did their audience fall into?

Sorry, I seem to be finding similar items in the press more and more frequently, and it’s depressing.

3 Likes

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

6 Likes

Which is why Ronald Reagan was very dangerous.

14 Likes

I doubt there’s much overlap with Boing Boing and Newsmax’s target audiences. And for someone such as I who isn’t masochistic enough to go seek out and watch Newsmax, it’s handy to have somewhere like Boing Boing keeping their finger on the pulse of the heavily armed fascist wingnuts with a curated selection of reports I can and often do choose not to click on.

Also super useful:

8 Likes

Perhaps added into the semi annual round up of supermarket rags here might be a good place for NM coverage.

2 Likes

Same in kind. But I always skip those tabloid roundups because, well, their audiences have a lower ratio of genocidal maniacs.

5 Likes

Just wait until he finds out where the oxygen actually comes from.

1 Like

So which are we supposed to water our plants with, meat- or plant- based beer?

7 Likes

9 Likes

From suck to blow.

8 Likes

When you think about it, it is pretty impressive to see designers managed to create TVs that can be used by any idiot who would believe this.

1 Like

Remembering Exxon’s pro-CO2 campaign (Exxon paid for it, the Competitive Enterprise Institute ran them). If you were too young or not around yet in 2006 to remember this, yes this really happened.

6 Likes