NFT sales are down 92% since last year's peak

tardigradeplayingviolin

7 Likes

6733_663d

lolCano
and a LOLcano for good measure.

Bonus: Well done w/the alternative interpretations of NFT, you Happy Mutants!

5 Likes

At least at the end of they day, you had a stuffed animal (or a tulip).

NGL, I would snuggle that

4 Likes

Same AF.

2 Likes

Otter the question.

3 Likes

So many starry-eyed “art” “investors” left holding the bag. A few people sitting happy on piles of money and/or crypto. Some because they sold NFTs, some because they ran the marketplace and took a cut. And probably a lot more artists who invested their own money in “minting” stuff nobody bought than there are artists who got paid up front by someone commissioning work to sell as incredibly expensive pointers to a jpeg.

It’s the last ones I feel the worst for, being an artist on the Internet is an increasingly shitty game and hearing about the payouts some lucky early movers got is pretty damn tempting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the people left holding the bag and the people sitting on piles of profits try to promote them a lot again soon. The Ugly Ape JPEG people are moving on to the next scam, they just sold ~$320 million worth of deeds to plots in their supposedly-forthcoming “metaverse” “game” and drummed up so much enthusiasm for it that the sale broke the Etherium blockchain. How Bored Ape Yacht Club Broke Ethereum - CNET

7 Likes

As you damn well otter.

4 Likes

That’s not an accurate representation because, with NFTs, you can get an exact copy of what the NFT is representing for free in most cases. So it’s more like choosing to collect free beanie babies or paying for “special” ones, but the actual beanie babies are identical, except one comes with a certificate of authenticity on the side. So the entire market is based on how many people value that certificate, not the beanie baby itself.

2 Likes

I actually do have two of them, They are adorable. (The one with the third eye he got that at a convention and I just never removed it because it was silly)

4 Likes

One of the problems with NFTs is that they’re hard to understand and a lot of people were buying them without knowing what they were.

It’s when you do know what they are that you really don’t want to buy them.

4 Likes

If only! No, they are digital receipts for Beanie Babies, and you can sell receipts for the same Beanie Baby an infinite number of times.

2 Likes

At least Beanie Babies are something physical that you can touch and hold (and snuggle).

I mean, would you get a load of these two:

NFTs are just ether. Not snuggly at all.

1 Like

NFT = Not Fucking There.

3 Likes

Another XLNT one!!! tophat-biggrin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.