Nic Cage's next blockbuster "Pig" is TAKEN with bacon

Originally published at: Nic Cage's next blockbuster "Pig" is TAKEN with bacon | Boing Boing

6 Likes

ooh ooh i know!

john wick has his pig.

4 Likes

The Pig, he will still the show.

3 Likes

How have I not heard this movie was coming.

Nicolas Cage needs money!

5 Likes

17 Likes

Nick Cage is having a revival of his acting career based on some recent very good acting and films IMO. I’d be tempted to watch this but I just saw Truffle Hunters and this would probably ruin that for me.

1 Like

I know the perfect band for the soundtrack. But it’s probably too late for that.

3 Likes

So Taken and John Wick happening in a Top Chef adjacent world. With a little bit of Vase de Noces thrown in, and you know Cage has seen Vase de Noces.

And maybe some commentary about labor in the restaurant industry?

This could possibly be one of the good Nick Cage movies, but it also seems like it was developed an algorithm that tried to predict how to get a meme worthy movie with Nicholas Cage.

6 Likes

Welp, That hurt my brain.

I heard in “Pig” he will team up with former co-star Elisabeth ShuuuuuuEEEEEEEE.

5 Likes

Who has my pig?

1 Like

Am I the only one hoping this is going to be a modern day “Bicycle Thief,” where Cage wanders the NYC restaurant world, sad, hopeless, ending without resolution.

That would be so rad.

4 Likes

I thought maybe it was going to be a sequel to “Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.”

Ba-dum-bump.

Grim and gritty reboot of Charlotte’s Web ?

1 Like

Having watched First Cow (which we enjoyed immensely), I can say – without reservation – that it’s likely the first (only?) foodie-Western.

Now, PIG. Could it be the first foodie-Thriller? We’ll see. I’d watch it.

1 Like

Cage only got the part because Kevin Bacon turned it down.

6 Likes
1 Like

So… someone steals Nicolas Cage’s truffle pig. and he beaten and bloody gets to utter the immortal line: “Who has my pig?”, (while on his journey to Portland Oregon). Tell me the pig is a never actually seen symbol of humanity’s connection with the infinite in the face of an increasingly disparate understanding of basic compassion and the negation of the self [eyeskywards] (dammit Cage, you’re not a bad actor; why do you always select these ‘pig’ roles!?)

I watched the trailer yesterday, @thomdunn… my (apparently unpopular) hot take, this is his next big awarding winning drama. It actually looks like it’s going to be pretty good. I mean, sure… it’s a pig, but wasn’t First Cow a film that everyone was raving about a year or so ago?

Also, everyone, please watch Jiu Jitsu… It is a magnificent mess of a film…

Chef’s kiss! Only watch if you want to have a good time!

Oh, god, and watch The Color out of Space, too… but only if you care about alpacas… or alpaca milk…

color-out-of-space-time-to-milk-alpacas

6 Likes