'Nightmare Before Christmas' live: Oingo Boingo, Paul Reubens, Weird Al, Danny Elfman AND Billie Eilish

Originally published at: 'Nightmare Before Christmas' live: Oingo Boingo, Paul Reubens, Weird Al, Danny Elfman AND Billie Eilish | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Okay, that is a line-up I never would have imagined.

5 Likes

Is it OK that I was running around the house and shout singing along? I hope so!

4 Likes

Boingo was my absolute favorite band in high school and college. I have to admit that not having John Avila (bass) and Johnny “Vatos” Hernandez (drums) included here [nor the original horn section] is a big disappointment for me; having said that, this is still awesome and I’d totally pay to see a Boingo reunion show.

2 Likes

I never realized Paul Reubens was the original voice of Lock in that movie. I wonder if they downplayed it at the time because it came out during that awkward “can’t have his name attached to children’s entertainment” phase of his career following the incident at the adult movie theater.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.