Nightswimming with Hannibal

FWIW, on the comment on physique - Mads Mikkelsen was actually part of a dancing ensemble for 8 years before becoming an actor.

1 Like

ā€œFrench food?ā€

Heā€™s been eating mostly American from what Iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes

Did anyone else find the staging of the latest corpse a little far-fetched? So he rigged up those glass plates by himself? I donā€™t think so. He must have interns.

2 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying these reviews, but what happened to the Walking Dead reviews? Was the third-to-last episode too WTF for them to handle?

My favorite Lecter savoring was his reaction to Jackā€™s ā€œYouā€™re a great friend, Hannibal.ā€ I think Lecter misses Bedelia.

Instant Rimshot

Well played.

Yes, definitely. I hesitate to nitpick to death because these reviews do get really long, but this was the first episode where I had a hard time suspending my belief. It would take a lot longer than one night to completely freeze a body to stone. Iā€™m just guessing. (Or am I?) If a little ice pack for my portable cooler needs 5 hours in the freezer before itā€™s up to snuff, Iā€™m going to assume a whole body takes longer.

And then, yes, transporting and staging and lifting glass? Thatā€™s a bit too far. But it sure made for a cool visual. Which I guess is really the point. But I prefer my Hannibal a tiny bit more grounded.

2 Likes

This is an ongoing theme in the series, itā€™s ā€˜Magical Realismā€™. The overly complex set of glass slides is of a piece with the angel maker (who psychically identified criminals and hung himself from a rafter) , the totem pole (one 70+ year old did THAT?) or this seasonā€™s ā€˜eye muralā€™.

This topic was automatically closed after 1054 days. New replies are no longer allowed.