Nikki Haley's first big proposal? Raise the retirement age and cut Social Security and Medicare benefits for "the new generation"

Her real mistake is having substantive policy positions at all. That’s a real RINO move in the post-Trump GOP

21 Likes

Nikki actually left out the other gQp bookend, changing the child labor laws to put people to work even earlier.

18 Likes

I like her. I think we’ll eat her first.

10 Likes

Better suggestion. Tax the wealthy and corporations followed by

10 Likes

Welcomne aaaaadam

Joining Welcome Home GIF

14 Likes

If you’ve got money available to invest there are some socially-responsible options out there.

The surplus money in the Social Security Trust fund has never really been “invested” in any real way other than to loan it to the Treasury in the form of government-guaranteed bonds. So buying yourself some Treasury bills would have the same exact effect as giving it to the Social Security Trust Fund to invest for you.

10 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

This isn’t substantive. At all. It’s the same BS that goes along with cut taxes and hate on marginalized groups.

12 Likes

36 Likes

“F them, I got mine.”

Remove. The. Cap.

14 Likes

It’s really been their policy for the longest time; she’s just spelling it out. There’s a reason why millennials do not expect that they’re going to ever let us retire.
I’m saving what I can for stability sake, but I can’t help but laugh myself hoarse everytime someone starts talking about “My retirement age goals”.

I’m extremely lucky (for the moment) to have an employer who matches a percentage; after I manage to pay down consumer debts, I intend to max Roth, but things like being able to even afford a house? Who the hell knows?

11 Likes

You think most Gen-Xers have any such expectations?

(Many of us don’t.)

Late stage capitalism is not sustainable.

23 Likes

Fair. Entirely fair.

7 Likes

Conservatives, nothing if not predictable…

5 Likes

“ You reform the entitlements, but you do it in a way that you don’t take anything away from seniors or people who are getting ready to retire. You focus on the new generation”

You go fuck yourself. But do it in a way that doesn’t harm seniors.

19 Likes

Well, today, anyway.

12 Likes

I get damn tired of people bitching and whining incessantly about Millennials (and soon Gen Z, I’m sure) when the previous generations are the ones who raised them, and also set them up for failure.

14 Likes

Pop Tv Yes GIF by Schitt's Creek

7 Likes

um… these are not entitlements.

I just wish the media would not let any of these d-bags get away with using this word but it just seems like is so entrenched in the dialogue. Dems are to blame for accepting this term as well.

16 Likes

what GIF

9 Likes

You came back after a 3 year absence just to misinterpret what I wrote?

@Mindysan33

Derailment, that would be my first guess…

18 Likes