Nine key legal cases about robots, and the messy legal future of robotic devices

[Read the post]

I bet it won’t turn out anything like Asimov imagined

Can’t we just get rid of the lawyers? Would simplify a lot of things.

Hey! Hostility much? :crying_cat_face: Take it easy with that.

Just wait until the robots start becoming lawyers… then we’ll really be in trouble.

All: God save your majesty!

Cade: I thank you, good people—there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score, and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

Dick: The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.

Cade: Nay, that I mean to do.

Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2, 71–78

Partially because Asimov bothered to share his imaginings with everyone else, I think. Likely saved us from a future pitfall or two.

Aye, people generally forget or don’t know the context of the “kill all the lawyers” meme. The incompetent would-be dictator and his cronies recognize that lawyers present a barrier to subjugating their fellow man. Kudos for actually keeping the quote in context.

Now the lawyers themselves are a weapon to subjugate those who cannot afford lawyers.

A direct consequence of the How Much Justice Can You Afford legal system. But not really the fault of lawyers. Modern “Justice” systems are bought and paid for by the oligarchs.

(I don’t actually have the play memorized. I found it on the internet.)

Ah. That’s one of the scenes that always stuck with me just because it’s normal invocation is so far removed from the actual meaning of the phrase kill all the lawyers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.