No, Russia didn't hack Vermont's power grid

I posted interviews in the past few months where Assange declared that there are documents he knows of that would lead to Hillary Clinton’s arrest, and implied that the Clintons killed Seth Rich. They are not the only deceitful things the man has done over the past few months

Wikileaks has also been purposely withholding leaked data in order to bring traffic to the website and attention to Assange, attempted a release schedule for the express purpose of hurting Hillary Clinton, openly courted the alt-right on twitter, and indulged in editorialising email releases. These are not the actions of a neutral watchdog organization.

Again, you are allowed to be critical of Assange, Wikileaks, Greenwald, the CIA, the Obama administration, and the Washington Post.

10 Likes

Worth repeating many, many times.

7 Likes

But it’s still okay to trust Taylor Swift, right?

7 Likes

I’ll have users with no self awareness for $100, Alex.

I’d trust her with Nuclear Code, which is more than I can say about some.

2 Likes

How about Jeff?

5 Likes

Well he’s asleep most of the time, so yes.

Yes I would.

Neither do i. Similarly with the CIA or any of the other 15 agencies that have agreed with this assessment, … individually. But when these normally feuding bureaucracies agree i, at least, start listening.

7 Likes

We aren’t going to go to war war with Russia or China. We might enter another Cold War with Russia, but probably not China, as we are too entwined economically with them.

I think it’s far more likely that the US will go to war with Iran and Russia will turn a blind eye, in return for some land-grabbing in eastern Europe by Putin.

3 Likes

Why would we go to war with Iran?

Ask Michael Flynn, James Mattis or John Bolton.

6 Likes

I am not sure that anything could lead to HRC’s arrest, with Loretta Lynch as Attorney General.

1 Like

We have recently enabled them to greatly expand their military and territorial control, for reasons that I will probably never understand. And they still seem to have “Death to America and the Jews” as a national slogan. Unless they manage a secular internal revolution, they will attack us at every opportunity, through terrorist proxies if nothing else.

You think that’s the only thing preventing her arrest?

4 Likes

Because our “leaders” have been looking for a pretext to do so for years and because Iran is a leading power (the leading power) in the Middle East? I mean, they’ve also been funding Shiites in Iraq for the last decade as well.

3 Likes

You know this how?

I know Iranians. Their citizens, by and large, actually like Americans and are also, in the cities at least, highly secular. Don’t confuse their government and its saber rattling with Iranians as a whole.

4 Likes

I am not. I also know more than a few. I also know some very kind and decent people who lived in Germany in the 1940s. But the Iranian-controlled groups in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, and other places are not the same people who were punished for singing along to "Happy"

Again, you’re conflating their government for the populace.

Quit buying the propaganda. The US has been systemically treating Iran like a pariah since the revolution (for understandable reasons initially), even funding the Iran-Iraq War with our support of Saddam Hussein against them. Iran isn’t our enemy and their younger generation is the future there.

8 Likes

Other than lack of evidence of actual crimes?

7 Likes