No turntable required! Rokblok, tiny bluetooth-enabled vinyl needle on wheels, is a wonderful disaster

I remember the VW model being featured in an old issue of Grand Royal aka the Beastie Boys’ magazine. I thought it would be cool for record hunting since they’re portable, but I never actually saw one or heard them play. I found a nice Fisher Price portable that I put a new needle on that I used to take around with me, though. No batteries on my model, unfortunately, but flea markets and thrift stores didn’t care if you plugged in. The crate-digging-DJ market later begat better versions of the old battery-powered toy versions specifically for this purpose, plus you can really dj with them. the Vestax Handy Trax was the flagship model. Here’s 45 King (of Flavor Unit and “the 900 Number” aka Yo MTV Raps theme fame) showing us mere mortals how it’s done

@Israel_B, @Grey_Devil, @jmcgarry, @ficuswhisperer, @TobinL, @FGD135 @ChuckV this footage was shot by the interviewer in that previous post

6 Likes