Nobel laureate Bob Dylan publishing a new book about songs by Elvis Costello, Hank Williams, Nina Simone, and others

Originally published at: Nobel laureate Bob Dylan publishing a new book about songs by Elvis Costello, Hank Williams, Nina Simone, and others | Boing Boing

3 Likes

With a sing along CD/Soundtrack please.

5 Likes

while the essays "are ostensibly about music, they are really meditations and reflections on the human condition.

In other words, inscrutable random musings, I suspect

5 Likes

This sounds great, but some of us are still waiting on Chronicle Part Two, Robert. Get typin’!

5 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. I met a guy once who claimed to have read Chronicles Volume Two even as I insisted it had not yet been published (or possibly even written) but he was very adamant he was right so I figured, hey, who knows, maybe he had already read a book that hasn’t been published.

2 Likes

This is your periodic reminder that half of the surviving Traveling Wilburys are Nobel laureates.

Get with it, Jeff Lynne.

7 Likes

Ugh. I think I met that guy in a bar once. Or maybe it was every bar.

5 Likes

I want the book to be great. Dylan’s voice is gone now, sadly, and in his 60 minutes interview he said he can’t write songs like when he was younger so I hope his talent can find another outlet.

… now?

4 Likes

Well, such voice as he had.

Compare Bob singing The Times They Are A-Changing in 1964 to
Bob from 2011 at the Whitehouse singing the same song.

I can sing along with 1964 Bob but I just want to cover my ears and hide from 2011 Bob.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.