Nokia has a new logo

I’m reading AO < IA

2 Likes

Nokia. Connecting Purple.

4 Likes

When Nokia sold their mobile phone handset division to Microsoft, they only sold them the rights to the name, for ten years.
These days Nokia phones are made by HMD, who are a joint venture between Nokia and Foxconn, and seem to be mostly staffed by people who used to work for Nokia before the handset business was sold off.

6 Likes

That logo won’t be on the phones.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll be back with 6G as the phone maker with the elaborate beadwork and …whatever it’s called with the fabric tubes…THz be trippin’ vaporwave knotwork extrusion presence.

4 Likes

I don’t think Foxconn will go with that.

1 Like

[On a ladder on the set of LOGH 8K remake, having finished knotwork on all the expansive walls behind the characters. Shrugs.]

2 Likes

I understand they’re still a major consumer brand on Coruscant.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks the new logo is a metaphor for what a cellphone conversation sounds like when you have a bad connection?

… and then they got into the tire industry. Ever hear of Nokian tires? Yup, that was them.

2 Likes

I watched this last night

I feel there ought to be some sort of nerd joke springs from this, but I got nothing.

For some reason I’m imagining an ad campaign where the salmon, in original art style, keeps popping out of various openings in contemporary scenes and being aggressively enthusiastic about telecommunications things at people.

Stock-photo people talking in random coffee shop; salmon emerges from behind the register: “I am so pumped about the 5G Packet Core! Sub-6Ghz spectral efficiency!” then slides back out of sight.

1 Like

Apparently the new KIA logo is so bad that many folks are searching on the web for KN cars

3 Likes

I like the proposed fix from The Autopian.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.