Normal: Warren Ellis's story of futurists driven mad by staring into the abyss of tomorrow

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/29/normal-warren-elliss-story.html

Last summer, Warren Ellis serialized a novel, “Normal,” as a series of four novellas; today, they’re collected in a single, short book that mainlines a month’s worth of terrifying futuristic fiction in one go.

Alt-right certainly sounds cooler than fascist.

2 Likes

But not as cool as control-alt-delete!

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone “laughed at Gun Machine”, it’s not that kind of book [and now its been edited to the proper way around with crooked little vein in place of Gun Machine]

1 Like

Fascism is only one of the exciting options they propose. Some are into neo-feudalism instead (I imagine they don’t see themselves as being the peasants).

5 Likes

Yea, neither do reincarnationists or the SCA. They’re all kings and queens.

2 Likes

yea that’s cooler.

When I die, I’m coming back as a cat.

3 Likes

Are you sure? The immigration and citizenship process for reincatnation is not an easy one.

1 Like

Seeing as its citizens must be reincarnated from both reindeer and cats, its borders aren’t exactly open to immigrants.

1 Like

Thanks. Fixed.

I read it as it came out in serial and loved it.

1 Like

When I die, I’m coming back as a bowl of petunias. Or a whale.

2 Likes

Don’t be the petunias.

2 Likes

Wait, it’s debatable if the Whale was part of the chain? Darn, I need a refresh.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.