North Carolina woman arrested for allegedly faking her own murder

Originally published at: North Carolina woman arrested for allegedly faking her own murder | Boing Boing

3 Likes

tumblr_o37bicEaPz1qirzj5o2_500

11 Likes

7 Likes

Having grown up in North Carolina, I can well understand that the state can feel like it lacks in recreational activities, but there’s got to be a better way to relieve boredom than this! Franklin isn’t that far from Asheville. Or head out of state for a while – Atlanta and Knoxville aren’t that far away.

4 Likes

As far as “faking your own death” hoaxes go this one sounds extremely low-effort. No leaving traces of blood behind, abandoning a car in the woods, etc. But maybe that will help with her legal defense because she could try to claim that she didn’t expect anyone to take it seriously.

3 Likes

It is not clear what led up to her false reports.

Well, considering that her name is “Margaret Frances Elizabeth Sweeney”, I don’t think we can rule out PCSTSD (Post Catholic School Traumatic Stress Disorder).

4 Likes

George Hamilton Watch GIF

5 Likes

Seriously! Asheville is a great town!

3 Likes

3 Likes

EB19880221PEOPLE101109977AR

3 Likes

Sad Janelle Monae GIF by Regal

4 Likes

The officers should probably be concerned too.

Another TV detective

3 Likes

3 Likes

(If you don’t know what it’s from, it’s A Touch of Cloth, and you MUST WATCH IT! All happy mutants should watch it.)

4 Likes

Oh, I will definitely have to! I have no idea what it’s about, and I can never remember that actor’s name, but I love watching him play a shit heel in everything he’s done

4 Likes

I describe it as; CSI meets Airplane. The cast members are all veterans of Britsh police procedurals, so I could also say; a modern Brit version of Police Squad/The Naked Gun.

4 Likes

sean connery love GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.