Man arrested after faking his own death to avoid rape charges

Originally published at: Man arrested after faking his own death to avoid rape charges | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“indecent liberties with a child and statutory rape of a child in North Carolina,”

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

What Republican politician did he work for? /s

3 Likes

So he faked his death and couldn’t stay off of his burner phone for a few days afterward? And he was wearing a monitor?
This is why cops think criminals are all stupid-the stupid ones get caught, over and over and over. The smart ones don’t get caught in the first place.

7 Likes

I want to chuckle at the audacity of this doofus and the supposed competence of the police, but the crime is very grim.

Change the crime to something much less heinous, and the rest sounds like a pretty fun Elmore Leonard book/movie that I’d read/watch.

3 Likes

"We immediately became quite suspicious that this may have been a faked accidental drowning and death in order for Mr. Emde to escape charges in Brunswick County, North Carolina. BIG DUH!!!

Given the circumstances and what the cops knew and had at their disposal, this would have been a walk-in-the-park for Barney Fife on his worse day.

1 Like

He has risen!

1 Like

I started my morning reading about this on nola.com, which was a shitty way to start the day. The guy that was arrested in Georgia after he faked his death in Louisiana to avoid charges in North Carolina is actually an Oklahoman. Apparently he’s trying to spread his horridness to every state he can.

7 Likes

I’d be happy to help him do it properly next time.

I’m a little confused why it took them a month to randomly arrest him if he was wearing an ankle monitor. I thought those things phoned home for the purpose of tracking the person who is wearing it.

1 Like

He has risen indeed.

Now his son gets charged with at least filing a false police report, right? Or, is it aid and abetting? Conspiracy?

2 Likes

My understanding is that he had the sense to leave the ankle monitor where he “died.” They used the monitor’s tracking history, though, to find a store where he bought the burner phones before going to the river. They then tracked the phones

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.