Notorious Vancouver crow steals knife from crime scene

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/03/notorious-vancouver-crow-steal.html

7 Likes

Original CBC story is dated May 25, 2016.

11 Likes

Crows are great people.

5 Likes

Maybe the crow sold the guy the knife…

5 Likes

Yer Honour, it wuz a crow that dropped the smoking gun beside me.

6 Likes

This crow is officially Vancouver’s unofficial mascot.

(And, yes, this story is a few years old.)

4 Likes

Was this an attempted murder? :sunglasses:

14 Likes

In other news, Canuck and Cassiar are feeding a clutch of baby crows right now. The first clutch of the year was raided by a raptor, unfortunately, but I hope this one will go better.

12 Likes

Leaving happy… :grin:

8 Likes

I’m sad no one cracked that joke earlier but sometimes you gotta take matter into your own hands

5 Likes

I have had the pleasure of being accosted by Canuck a couple of times at the bus stop near where his buddy Sean lives. Bugger stole one of the rubber tips off of my ears buds while I was playing tug-of-war with him. Another time he dropped down in front of us with a lovely fish head an proceeded to pop the eye out.

That photo is not of the actual police action. (I happened to pass by on the bus on that day in question though.) That is from early days when Canuck would drop his toys into the back yard where Sean lives.

9 Likes

Damn right. Those clever cops have trained the crow to plant their evidence for them. The bird’s on the take.

2 Likes

It was probably just trying to be like its hero:

3 Likes

i believe that makes the crow an accessory.

5 Likes

I was about to say “Again?”

4 Likes

Apparently another group was tragically killed as eggs.

This post is 5 hours old. Sorry about that!!! :rofl:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Breaking News!

Here I thought he had done it again.

2 Likes

This story is from 2016. I mistakenly thought it was current,
If the story was about Toronto Raptors, the “currency” might be relevant; since it is about Vancouver Corvids, there is no issue. Just yesterday, although it might have been ten years ago, had some ravens on the back deck tormenting the neighbours’ dogs. One of them imitated the barking. Big, big birds, much bigger than crows. I had a smokie sausage that fell off the BBQ that I tried to interest them in, but they were more interested in having fun.

1 Like