Now everyone can be an action figure with the Hasbro Selfie Series

Originally published at: Now everyone can be an action figure with the Hasbro Selfie Series | Boing Boing

3 Likes

My brother and I are friends with a fellow who kickstarted a toy line. Our mugs are now enshrined as desperadoes in a line of wild west action figures. It was pretty neat to watch the process develop.

6 Likes

How extremely foolish to exchange biometric information for a lump of plastic, especially when Hasbro’s Terms of Service contains this:

“by submitting User Content to Hasbro, you grant to Hasbro the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of User Content. You agree not to assert any moral rights or rights of publicity against Hasbro for using User Content.”

5 Likes

“And your little dog, too!”

2 Likes

You can avoid giving them your biometric data by 3-D printing your likeness over an existing action figure. (This works best if you’re Nicolas Cage or John Travolta.)

If they make a Boba Fett or Stormtrooper - shut up and take my money!!!

1 Like

Wait, I thought you were already an action figure.

3 Likes

Cool. Not a million miles away from Makies (mentioned here on BB in the past - Cory D’s wife Alice founded the business)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.