NRA ads says Americans need guns to shoot "the Resistance"

Sure, but there is only one reason, in 2017, to defend it virulently and/or in public.

2 Likes

This is also a good way to marginalize people you disagree with, by noticing one or two have bad boundaries, and smearing the rest with a lazy equivalence (fear is the mind killer), which is pretty covertly aggressive behavior to accept from oneself, but serves many people in protecting their grasp of “truths” long accepted that may be too scary to reexamine. Usually about their own superiority. It is so much easier to steal if you’re a better person than them, easier still if they’re not even a full person! It’s really just a good way to explain why you’re shutting out a voice from being part of a concensus answer though. They might turn out to be violent, because just listen to them not agreeing with me.

I’ve noticed most people aren’t violent.

Pay it forward, I say.

4 Likes

This ad is so horrifying on so many levels (and most have been unpacked above, more eloquently than I can muster now.)

I thought “ethnic” referred to what country your (great-)grandparents came from, but apparently I didn’t keep up with the language changes in America over the last decade or so.

1 Like

Pretty much to steal it from Black Power and all. Cloathe themselves in the symbology and language of freedom fighters and oppressed while spouting language that feels very much like ‘we are in power now. we must ensure that is not taken away from us by them dirty coward libtard crybabies that are pussifying our Great Nation.

7 Likes

This is the resistance the NRA are warning their members and the public about

“My new profile picture is an emblem of the Dutch resistance from the 2nd World War”

cough cough. The prior was from a German resistance group, or so we were told.

Those resisters, they sure aren’t creditable when they’re in your neighborhood, eh? Gosh only knows what sort of monkey business a resistance movement member would get up to? Surely that’s an ugly period in history and not something to romanticize? :wink:

2 Likes

The penis mightier than the sword?

3 Likes

5 Likes

My point was “and yet the NRA remain silent on such matters”.
The idea that there is only one reason to vocally support gun ownership in 2017 is ridiculous. Some people want to hunt, some people want to sport shoot, some people want to protect their homes and some people want to silence their opponents.

2 Likes

yes, I’ve noticed that part of your responses, the ridicule.

If you think your right to hunt, sport shoot, and protect your home are under threat in 2017… I can’t even.

2 Likes

That wrestler has an eye for a great shtick!

Uh, I don’t. In fact, I’m not a supporter of gun ownership at all. Doesn’t mean that I find taking a reductive view of the other side helpful. I would suggest that the key is in sharpening the contradictions between the ‘patriots’ and everyone else. However, currently the opposite is happening; the NRAteamilitiaklan is driving a wedge between gun owners and unarmed society.

1 Like

…suggests that being armed requires buying into a propertarian narrative. Militant communes are likely to use both their human and armament resources more efficiently than a population of atomized, alienated, and redundant “owners”.

They gripe about liberal bias and biased reporting, too, but holy hell, “assassinate” the “real” news? “Violence” of “lies”? Holy shit.

3 Likes

Ask, rather, what you’ll do when they show up to take them away.

(Shoot them. The answer is always shoot them.)

The replies to the matching post on twitter are terrifying – lots of “stop lying, it says nothing like that.” This makes me think either we’re so polarized we just can’t understand each other anymore …or maybe more likely, there is an army of dittohead bots amplifying the NRA signal. Either way, WTF. https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/881921491885068290

2 Likes

why did I go look at that? jeebus they are scary.

5 Likes

Scary? Meh.

4 Likes

Hey wow, I love how the guy’s actually a progressive liberal. Nice to know he means all his trash talk :grin:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.