NSA is, as the paranoids warned us, studying the social ties of Americans through our data

[Permalink]

1 Like

“Declined to say.” How will we ever get our creature back under control?

2 Likes

NOTHING TO HIDE, NOTHING TO FEAR…
If we all say it loud enough, maybe it’ll come true, eh?
(@codinghorror, I see Discourse has a dislike of ALL CAPS at the genetic level, so to speak… :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Google offers this as an option when you sign up for an account and they offer to do it using facial recognition software that will map your connections to everyone you have ever been photographed with.

For instance, it’s very likely that everyone anywhere near the finish line of the Boston Marathon has already been tagged as a possible terrorist for being photographed with the Tsarnaev brothers. The bystanders may have missed the explosion, but they still got nailed by a terrorist “photobomb!”

(was that too soon?)

3 Likes

Traditionally, we erase the aleph (א) from the “emet” (אמת) inscribed on its forehead, changing the inscription from “truth” to “dead” (מת).

15 Likes

All that is happening is the prelude to the next big surprise. Since George H. Bush was CIA director, the US secret State agencies had played a double role to get to today when every person is constantly monitored by NSA and other agencies not to report information to the US Government but to feed with all data the embryo of a new superpower. In 1988 the ex CIA director was elected US President and allowed his own son, Neil Bush, to get away with the largest robbery of its time, the “Savings and Loans scandal”. After a few years, his other son became US president, plotted the most infamous attack on US soil, 9/11, and consolidated for 8 years the self interest of one family above all. At the present time, a group of Zionists, like a hidden parallel government, with George Bush still today at the head of secret services in the US, UK and Israel, is the destabilizing force behind most terror events and with classified information at disposal and a private army is plotting what now would seem unthinkable to many. The spokesman for this group in the US Congress is John Mc Cain who reports the given orders weighing on the US administration. A War of Religion and chaos everywhere have been plotted so that desperate people will soon invoke a New World Order without even knowing what that is. Not the protests or violence in the streets could ever oppose such threat to the whole Humankind configured in a Plan relying on its long tentacles and the short memory of the people. TV, newspapers and other media will do the rest to confuse what should be already crystal clear.

There is one single Solution.

http://www.wavevolution.org/en/humanwaves.html

There has to be some extended version of Poe’s law to cover the difficulty distinguishing insanity, parody, and truth.

8 Likes

To be perfectly honest, outside of the US we don’t really care so very much if your spy agencies spy on you. They are, after all, your spy agencies and it’s kind of wryly amusing that the “Land of the Free”(-ish) that you boast so loudly of spends so much money on repressing you all.

What we’re really, really, utterly pissed about is that they have the ill manners to be spying on the rest of us. And as they’re your spy agencies, maybe you US-ians should be doing something about pulling their teeth, before the rest of us start taking it out on you when you come and visit? :wink:

1 Like

You left out the Reptilians.

8 Likes

I know I’ve been flogging this line in every NSA-related thread, but here goes again:

Keith Alexander should be tried for treason. The agency he runs had violated the constitution almost continuously for a number of years. Mr. Alexander himself has provably lied to Congress about this, and misrepresented the NSA’s actions a number of times.

I think he deserves the death penalty. I know this sounds harsh, but what other way is there to indicate to those in power that they don’t have the right to fuck around with the constitution, and that they were put in place to do a job: serve the american people. If mass spying on Americans can be in any way construed as serving them, then we have already lost.

4 Likes

Well fuck you too.

1 Like

My point exactly. But as your lot started it, it’s your responsibility to ensure it doesn’t come back and bite you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so snarky. Where America leads, Europe and Japan will follow (because we rather enjoy the Yanks paying for most of our defensive needs, after all); and where Europe brings its market, sooner or later BRICS will want a piece of the action (if they’re not there already: the Chinese model of pervasive surveillance and cultural brainwashing is, at times, more advanced than the American one, and in Russia they’ve had an actual spook in total control for almost 15 years).

We’ve got accustomed to the technology of cyberpunks novels (massive data in minuscule containers, total networking etc), now we’re getting acquainted with the political side of things: permanent-espionage scenarios in a world where physical borders become more meaningless by the day. NSA-like folks care little for passports: they live in a world of networks and patterns, of loose groups and abstract targets, of cyberweapons that don’t care if they’re deployed 10 or 10000 miles from Langley or Tel Aviv. Brazilian corporations are the enemy and US corporations are allies, and the State will just provide cover for anything that needs to be done.

2 Likes

So basically the NSA is my “Friend”, by default, on any site.

Everybody is a target of the NSA. So it’s a waste of time and energy to fight amongst each other – that only distracts from the real issue. The real issue is the world-wide problem of the NSA (and related agencies) keeping an eye on everybody to ensure the continuation of current and future revenue streams for the power elite.

2 Likes

What about the Reverse Vampires?!?!

2 Likes

Thats what we hired em to do in the first place. Since wherever you are is almost certain to have its own agencies, I’d like to introduce you to Mr Kettle whom you may already know.

before the rest of us start taking it out on you when you come and visit?

:smiley: Hilarious!

1 Like

I don’t believe you did. Surely you want them to look for threats to your national security — and fair enough. Maybe not so much to create threats to your security by indiscriminately treating everyone as a target, so that the rest of the world views your nation with suspicion? CIA plots to destabilise and overthrow governments; NSA spying; foreign wars and drone strikes all make you more of a target. Is that what you hired “them” to do?

2 Likes

Read what I responded to. We hired our spy agencies to spy on other countries.

Indeed you did. But you hired them to look for threats to your national security, not to treat everyone as a threat to your national security. There is a difference —and it’s one that makes enemies out of potential friends. All statistical methods have errors, but in this situation every false positive has the potential to create someone who will learn to hate the USA. The bigger the data pool, the more Type I errors you will generate. Is that what you pay them for?