NSA official: mass spying has foiled one (or fewer) plots in its whole history

I keep getting told I think that, but I don’t and don’t see where I say as much. I think that most things will get better only with a lot of work outside the electoral system, as you say.

But in the mean time there are still some things voting demonstrably affects, as those links show - social programs, women’s and workers’ rights, wars with Iran and so on. And saying the parties are identical means neglecting those things, which I can’t agree with.

It’s not the only one, but a problem is we haven’t been doing that at all. Anyone could have told you, and did tell you, that a Bush presidency would favor war and social inequality even more than Clinton did. He got half the votes anyway, because those things are actually popular.

America has a poor electoral system, but I don’t think any democracy can bring about positive change if people are going to vote against it half the time. So that’s the biggest need I see; more people need to care how much candidates support peace, equality, and justice, and stop supporting the worst ones.

1 Like