NYC police confiscated thousands of dirt bikes and are crushing them. Here's video of them doing so with a bulldozer

Agreed.

Granted, a person has no say in where they were born and their economic background, but deciding to act like this where you live is a personal choice. I’m still going with “toxic masculinity”.

1 Like

For sure. Speaking of toxic masculinity. Not really in the same league as the dirt bikers, but still awful are the dudes, always dudes, on legal motorcycles that travel through NYC splitting lanes, cutting off others, and running red lights. A not surprising number of motorcycles are parked- on the sidewalk of course - in front of police precincts and fire stations.

2 Likes

Where I live, I’ve seen some where the license tag is tucked up under the seat, where speed cameras can’t see it. In one case it wasn’t there at all.

My understanding is that the police won’t pursue a bike that fast, given the likelihood of jeopardizing someone who’s uninvolved.

1 Like

teenagers and young dudes ride around Oakland on these things every weekend. they wear cloth over their heads so there’s no way to identify them, no safety gear of any kind, and generally create a traveling mayhem show…

…but they move through pretty fast so the annoyance lasts a minute tops. “OPD is gonna do anything, and neither are you.”

Prosser:
Mr. Dent?

Arthur Dent:
Hello, yes?

Prosser:
Have you any idea how much damage this bulldozer would suffer if I were to let it roll straight over your dirt bike?

Arthur Dent:
How much?

Prosser:
None at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.