NYT has 2 decades of Donald Trump's taxes, he's in massive debt and paid no federal income taxes for 10 of past 15 years

I read the whole thing. Striking.

But not liable to move the needle much. Really, how many people who are going to vote are still undecided about who they are going to vote for?

4 Likes

The rest of us figured this was the case And his voters will not care in iota.

So this changes what exactly?

7 Likes

Several of trump’s wealthy donors will be moving their accounting over to trumps team in 3,2,…

8 Likes

Even more evidence for state charges after his ass is out.

Also, every piece of bad news for 45 is another ounce of pressure and strain on his unfit body and whatever he has that passes for a psyche.

48 Likes

“Acme Systems fined 20 million for role in fraud scheme, ACME up 15 in early trading.”

7 Likes

why try to hold anybody accountable? let’s just give up and let people do whatever. i’m sure that will fix everything no problem.

17 Likes

After four years of stealing from the government through cronies and hiding the money away, he probably has more than enough to settle his tax debt.

9 Likes

Just remember the tax info published by NYTimes is the info trump wanted the IRS to see. Dig a bit deeper and I’m guessing the layer of shit is not far under.

41 Likes

this, very much this. i wonder how much more motivated a team of newspaper reporters is to find the layer of shit than a group of irs agents under the control of a trump appointee?

edited for spelling

28 Likes

Wait, I thought he said he was a billionaire. A billionaire upside down on a couple hundred million could just shift a few things around to pay down a debt. You mean he was lying about being a billionaire? Oh the shock.

21 Likes

Well I didn’t say that. But if that’s your personal attitude you do you.

Lucky for him Putin has promised to bail him out.

7 Likes

Exactly, this article has many good leads (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/us/trump-taxes-takeaways.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage)

8 Likes

From what I can tell he hasn’t written down anything outright illegal in here. Clearly he has some hardworking accountants looking for every possible loophole, but nothing that technically breaks the law I think.

1 Like

Shows he is a fucking sham.

If it embarrasses him for a minute, I’m good with that.

26 Likes

that stuff about paying his kids as consultants even while they are also employees ( in order to get around tax law ), about living at a residence that’s listed as an investment property, and claiming deductions for a business he “abandoned” while still actually receiving money from that business – all of that seems outright illegal.

41 Likes

Yeah - when they compare his pnw statements to banks with his valuations for taxes that’ll change.

He’s already temporizing by saying his CPA signed those.

25 Likes

Exactly. More stress on his adderall-taxed brain.

3 Likes

He has Mazars doing his accounting. Nothing apparently illegal will be submitted. Shady, yes, like haircuts and bs like that for many hundreds of thousands, but nothing on the surface illegal.

Mitnick at Mazars is one of the shrewdest, hard-nosed accountants anywhere. For finding wrongdoing, it will take digging many layers deeper, and will need to involve an audit of Deutsche Bank and others before we will truly know. Trump is a real estate guy. My guess is eventually a bribe will come to light. If we are lucky. We may never know, because Mazars is that good.

18 Likes
7 Likes