Obama’s Department of Justice says marijuana as dangerous as heroin

I’d say coke fits that bill pretty well. I heart drugs. If you gave me some coke I’d do it, but I’ve never seeked out or purchased coke because it’s just not enough of a headfuck for me. You feel good, but you actually look like shit and behave like an egotistical asshole for absolutely no reason.

1 Like

You mean like this guy?

1 Like

America sounds like a hellhole for buying weed if your experience is indicitave of the general experience. I’ve smoked a LOT of weed in oz (and Canada and Japan and NZ for that matter) and it’s never been like this… probably a result of the cut-throat nature of being the enemy in a war.

Here you’ll occasionally get weed which has not had the hydro nutrients flushed properly (most people can’t tell that though) but you don’t really get pesticide-laced weed because 90% of grows in metro areas are indoor, under lights. The worst that any caring grower will use is pyretherins. I know this is different over there though, where a lot of the supply is grown in national parks using chemicals that are banned for use in most places.

I’ve also never been threatened or pressured to buy. Medical marijuana is a good thing, but I’d say that the cause of these dealers being cretins IS the DoJ and its foolish war on weed. I feel for you though and am glad at least you have options now. I find the biggest stoner dealers will usually have decent and reliable stuff because they smoke it themselves.

Sadly you still need GC/MS to get an accurate reading of everything and there’s no affordable GC/MS machines. Luckily we live in the age of teh interwebs and there are labs that you can send your samples to to have checked for a pretty reasonable price… This is obviously not good for flying under the radar, so most people who take chemicals and want to know still just rely on reagent tests. Holy SHIT would I like a lab on a chip though! But all reagent tests merely confirm the thing you’re looking for rather than telling you everything that’s in it, so it’s clearly not ideal.

There used to be no affordable gigasample digital oscilloscopes, no affordable worldwide-reach instant communication… This will pass too.

Interesting. However, a bit too difficult and calling in third-parties and is bound to have uncomfortably long turnaround, which limits usability and certainly precludes using the method as a part of realtime process feedback in a microreactor synth rig.

Join the club. The fastest way to get these toys will be to design them ourselves…

Try to look around atmospheric pressure time-of-flight mass spectrometers. Fairly simple design-wise, and can be insanely sensitive, though there will likely be a big swarm of devils in various little details…

A lot of the tech has its beginnings in 30’s to 50’s, with the level of engineering that is now available off the shelf for cheap. My gut feeling is that looking there, how they did it back then, is the best way. And be aware that many of the problems they got can be solved numerically today; a lot of automation can be done with a software based sequencer on a microcontroller or a raspberry pi like board so measurements can be repeated easily.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.