Look at South Carolina's Attorney General spout nonsense about marijuana

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/29/look-at-south-carolinas-atto.html

7 Likes

that is about how I would describe the muscle relaxants I got awhile ago… better buzz than the vicodin anyway.

29 Likes

It’s how I would describe the valium and xanax I’m prescribed.

20 Likes

What a wonderful reminder of the famous Einstein quote:

“Only two things are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.”

This is the issue of our days. Infinitely stupid people working in the so called ‘government’ / ‘justice’ system.

21 Likes

Nice propaganda touch to be flanked by lab-coat-wearing doctors.

Are they real doctors?

Do they read the literature?

Do they sleep well at night knowing they’re contributing to excess deaths through needless incarceration?

32 Likes

But he’s surrounded by people in lab coats, Frauenfelder.

LAB. COATS.

35 Likes

He sounds like he’s on something.

12 Likes

Let’s be honest. Marijuana can be dangerous. Just like any other “drug” if misued or abused in the wrong hands.

But I don’t recall anyone screaming to ban Vicodin, alcohol, morphine, or any other “legal” drug that does provide a positive value and service to human existence if consumed/used properly and with restraint.

Cigarette smoking on the other hand we KNOW kills and is harmful and brings nothing positive to human existence except to line the pockets of the tobacco industry.

Where was his moral outrage and compass in banning cigarettes? Oh. That’s right.

24 Likes

“fifteen hundred pounds in fifteen minutes” of anything would kill you.

21 Likes

applied right it would kill in less than fifteen minutes.

12 Likes

Tobacco is yummy.

1 Like

The ‘legal’ drug suppliers are mostly worried that legal highs will affect their business.

12 Likes

‘Cheeched’, ‘Chonged’, LMFAO. He has no clue. I think his advisers had him include those just for fun.
A good number of those words could easily apply to alcohol, not so much noise about that though.

14 Likes

“They use words like stoned, high, wasted, baked, fried, cooked, chonged, cheeched…”

…willied, marleyed, sir-patrick-stewarted, snooped, cyrused, jennifer-ani-stoned, rogened, goldberged, rih-rihed…

Kids use all these words.

14 Likes

The whole event looks and sounds like a bad SNL sketch, describing how “terrible” any disruption to established medical/ political “canon” can be. Maybe even a dig at how standards for political grandstanding have slipped in the last few decades. It’s like the guy has had no training in rhetoric or theatrics beyond “men in white lab coats and glasses are scientists, they lend you authenticity when you use big words about science-y and medicine-y stuff”.

12 Likes

They’re recalling the jazz cabbage because of salmonella?

15 Likes

yeah, coincidence?

12 Likes

Note to self:
Do not Google “south carolina politicians and white clothing”.

17 Likes

I volunteer to be in the experiment that proves that no one* can smoke that much herb all at once, let alone in fifteen minutes. You’d hit a plateau and likely doze off first…

*Not Snoop Dog, not Willy Nelson, not Tommy Chong, nobody. Don’t believe me? Put the up the 15 lbs of kind, and ‘prove’ me wrong. :wink:

20 Likes

Me too. Carpool? For Science!

13 Likes