Look at South Carolina's Attorney General spout nonsense about marijuana

OK, I’ve been around the sun quite a few times, but I had not heard ‘jazz cabbage’ before. LOL!
I think it is high time for ol Enk to take a break and do some, er, ah, doodling

“cheeched”? “chonged”? are we sure this isn’t a rather silly simulation? cuz life is super silly

8 Likes

Perhaps I’ve just made a few more solar perambulations?

7 Likes

Sure.

Stipulations apply, though; it has to be high quality herb that could actually cause one to expire, if it was actually possible to consume such a large quantity of it so quickly.

No stress or dirt weed; that would ruin the integrity of the experiment.

16 Likes

Of course to know what the actual risks of use are, someone would need to study that, and that’s been very hard to do while it was illegal. I saw an article recently about risks of cannabis use that made me concerned about trying it (yes, I’ve never used it). But it’s hard to get truth through the scaremongering.

Yeah, somehow when I think of someone getting killed by 15 pounds of weed I assume we’re talking about bludgeoning, not smoking.

10 Likes

That my life motto. :rofl:

I think we are on the same page in said stipulations.

5 Likes

For me it was practical attempts. I tried both normal and edibles, both times triggered terrible migraines for me. I had a friend wax poetic about “It was the wrong strain, you have to try MY edibles!” etc etc…yeah…No. I avoid it at all costs…bourbon gives me the enjoyment and feeling I need/want, no migraines. I’m all set.

6 Likes

Watching Canadian government and health authority resources might be a good idea, since recreational is legal here now.

David Nutt’s book Drugs Without The Hot Air is a great resource too.

Really though - it’s pretty clear at this point that moderate use by adults is nothing to be too concerned about. If the risks were anything like as bad as the risks of tobacco or alcohol, we’d KNOW by now. The difficulty with really understanding the risks is doing large enough sample size experiments to tease out the small effect sizes with reasonable confidence intervals.

9 Likes

15 HUNDRED pounds.
That would hurt.

10 Likes

Pardon me while I put on my lab coat. There.
The worst marijuana over use documented is a child that ate a tray of the parents pot brownies. Terrible parenting aside, the kid had no permanent damage.
All drugs are dangerous, as is lying to people about the effects of those drugs

10 Likes

“marijuana is the most consumed illicit drug in america.”

hmmm… i know a solution.

legalize it.

16 Likes

Really? All of those have had people screaming to ban them. The alcohol one was even “successful” for a while in the U.S.

As for Vicodin, here’s a government panel recommending a ban (though it did not go through): https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/01/health/01fda.html

I can’t find any example of a serious group advocating to ban morphine though, just pile more restrictions on use.

Eh. Some people really do get a lot of pleasure out of smoking. Yes, it will eventually kill you, but “nothing positive” is hyperbole. (I’m glad that the culture has changed so that cigarette smoking is considered much less acceptable, and that I rarely encounter someone’s cloud of tobacco smoke, but they apparently get something positive out of it.)

4 Likes

That dude must be high to believe that shit.

8 Likes

Right. We’ve moved out of bludgeoning territory and into forklift accident as likely cause of death.

9 Likes

I bet this guy also believed back in the day that Rock music was a giant threat to society. Also dancing. And interracial dating.

Heck, he might still believe all those things.

9 Likes

If your defense of the modern GOP is to try and call upon prohibition from 100 years ago…then go away now and leave me be. I am not going to debate or discuss a position that is utter bullshit. No one from the modern GOP has pushed the tired puritan agenda of abstinence from drink. Case in point…Supreme Court Justice Brett “pass me a bud, squi!” Kavanaugh.

The GOP has willingly ignored the Opioid epidemic that is VERY FUCKING REAL. And focused on Marijuana as some nightmarish Boogey-man out to “gateway drug” everyone’s children into a life of substance abuse.

Again…you are ignoring the FACTS that the GOP has not given a real shit about opioids and tobacco as real problems because…oh…and this takes a lot to digest…THEY GET A METRIC FUCK TON OF MONEY from Big Pharma and Big Tobacco.

I am no fan of marijuana, but I recognize how it legitimately helps people and is no more harmful than the things we consider to be legal and certainly in many cases LESS HARMFUL.

3 Likes

Maybe this is just a masked attempt for a job in Trump’s cabinet? Surely there’s a science or medical board this guy needs to be on?

4 Likes

Well I mashed it up here with the intro to “Daisy Chain 4 Satan” using my extremely limited audio recording skills, but I’m sure someone else out there can do a much better job!

3 Likes

Plus it makes you look cool.

7 Likes

I’d put money on the fact he still believes the last one on that list. He is, after all, the Republican AG of S Carolina

4 Likes

That was in no way intended as a defense of the GOP; they clearly have a different standards for different drugs, driven by both monetary (e.g. bribe and corruption reasons) as well as culture-war hippie-punching.

I was, and freely admit to attacking the parts of your argument that I thought weren’t supported, even while agreeing with your conclusion.

3 Likes