Obama's legacy: eight years of not holding executives criminally responsible for their companies' misdeeds

Please, please more people learn this lesson.

5 Likes

[quote=“SeamusAMurphy, post:24, topic:92745”]
Why do you suppose so many people stayed home rather than vote Democrat? The Democrat party is a party for plutocracy
[/quote]Because they want the Democrats to remain a plutocracy, which is the only thing staying home does.

2 Likes

Yep, Russia is pretty big.

1 Like

Never mind…

4 Likes

Do your part and

##EatTheRich

Because Obama didn’t

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, at least I got it the first time. Surprised more people here didn’t

1 Like

The "Fiduciary Rule" Is President Obama's Next Executive Order We'll Have to Live With ?

Come now, their conscience has kept Trump away from office and now we’re living in the 2017 golden era.

1 Like

No they were showing the same time, but with a 12 hour shift in frame of reference! Time it self doesn’t change as you move around the globe, only how we report time (unless your going really fast).

/even more pedantic

3 Likes

It’s interesting that some people can criticize Obama in these forums and it is totally fine, but at other times you can’t even mention that there’s valid reasons to be displeased with the president without people jumping all over you.

Getting back on topic, generally already called out on BB is the fact that Obama greatly expanded presidential powers in surveillance, foreign covert operations, drone strikes, etc. and the legal frameworks to support them.

Including this one, which never sat right with me:

Yup. Trump can assassinate US Citizens on foreign soil with no oversight in T-minus 7 days.

I think Obama has been a good president, and I get that the expansion of powers were what he thought he needed to accomplish gains in the war on terror. But now it will likely get put to the test on if there’s checks and balances for those new powers.

2 Likes

Along with NSA stuff, this is the #1 thing I bring up when I discuss my issues with Obama. Leaving aside non-citizens, ALL citizens should at least get a (fig leaf?) trial by jury before we simply murder them with a drone. Killing a US citizen is not a line item on a memo in a civilized America.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.