Octavia Butler’s Kindred to premiere on Hulu on December 13

Originally published at: Octavia Butler's Kindred to premiere on Hulu on December 13 | Boing Boing

8 Likes

applause-gif-19

9 Likes

9 Likes

mess it up schitts creek GIF by CBC

8 Likes

I’m nervous and excited!

I LOVE Octavia Butler.

I’m glad they went with Kindred for an adaptation to tv instead of the Parable duology though.

I couldn’t even finish the second book of that, I was too freaked out by it. No wonder it was never finished!

6 Likes

I think she passed away prior to her being able to work on the 3rd book…

7 Likes

Happy Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Alice is beaten, raped and threatened over decades until she finally loses the will to resist Rufus.

ETA: But maybe this is referring to the Dana/Kevin relationship per @snigs suggestion. Not exactly the most romantic period for them, though.

I assume they’re talking about Dana and Kevin?

ETA (I hope that’s what they’re referring to, anyway).

2 Likes

One would hope, but…

(emphasis mine)

It’s confusing, anyway. I guess I’ll assume best intentions and edit, though. It’s pretty important that this book be seen as modern eyes countenancing the horrors of slavery first-hand and not some whimsical romp through antebellum Maryland.

4 Likes

From the book, her white husband also ends up being brought back to the past and ends up stuck there while she is brought back to the present

5 Likes

I would also love to see the Patternist series adapted for television, even though it’s not quite up to Kindered.

3 Likes

Wild Seed would be great on tv, too. But I’m afraid they’d lose the audience with each novel being in a radically different setting.

Hm……

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.