Odd Stuff (Part 1)

There is considerable overlap of the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest campers.

11 Likes

I mainly remember this episode (like the whole series) as targeting and lampooning the casual racism of the British middle class, but I suppose there might be some triggering language in the episode which they might want to bleep out.

2 Likes

And this of course:

tenor

3 Likes

Yeah, but if they’re pulling shows for things like that a substantial fraction of British programming throughout TV history would have to get locked in the can.

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

Just as long as I have a pic-a-nic basket with me, I’ll be fine. :wink:

4 Likes

I didn’t know whether to put this here or in a coronavirus thread, but I think the odd wins out:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ViolateGeneva

This Twitter account tells you all the ways games let you violate Geneva conventions.

Example:

9 Likes
2 Likes

The bear will eat you. It’s what bears do.

(Some humans do have four sets of cones, sort of.)

Ultraviolet-Black is the new black.

9 Likes

Exoskeletons-as-a-service offered as helping hand to warehouse workers exhausted by pandemic

3 Likes

Asia’s Uber equivalent Grab lets go of 1 in 20 staff

2 Likes

Lots of animals that look for individual flowers can see colors we can’t. Humans can’t see a lot of the patterns flowers have evolved to attract bees, for instance.

Hummingbirds still have nothing on the mantis shrimps’ 12 different photoreceptors though

7 Likes

A Mighty Wind

8 Likes

Sounds a bit like Octarine.

4 Likes

Apparently the fart topped the interactions in an “official action” during which the offender had already acted “provocative” and “uncooperative”.
Which I interpret as the guy giving the cops a piece of his mind (something the Viennese have developed into an art, really) but keeping it just below the threshold of being actionable.

5 Likes

Sounds great…as long as they don’t use this as a way to wring more out of the CamperForce. There’s a fine line between assisting and trying to sidestep injury claims.

2 Likes

Meet the dog that’s all byte and no bark: Boston Dynamics touts robo-pooch Spot with $75k-a-pop price tag

Video Boston Dynamics has put its robot dog Spot on the open market at $74,500 a pop, as long as you promise not to turn it into a home hound.

The headless machines are famous for their extraordinary dexterity – well, compared to all other robots – and can now be purchased online by anyone. Spot’s not cheap, and that’s only the base price: an extra battery costs $4,620, and a movable camera that attaches to its back costs an extraordinary $29,750.

But it is a sign that a machine that once stunned millions with its movements, and led some to argue the rise of the machine was finally with us, has gone from pure research project into something commercially viable.

1 Like