Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Cover not blown.

3 Likes

I thought making ice cream at night in the desert by radiating heat into space was neat, but generating electricity from it is clever.

Take it to the next level: The coldness of the heart of the Republican Party.

6 Likes

That (or harvesting the power of stupid) = unlimited energy.

4 Likes

Ohhhh, you mean GoldenEye!

2 Likes

Yes. Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Filed under poetic justice:

8 Likes

I like the Gizmodo headline better.

4 Likes

Stop giggling at the back, this is proper science.

6 Likes

Idiots. Have they never heard of Ice 9? We are all doomed!

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?bnum=415

7 Likes
3 Likes

FTA:
“Water’s structure allows it to freeze into many different crystalline forms (including ice-IX, which does not share the same properties as the Ice-IX from Kurt Vonnegut’s Cat’s Cradle ).”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Australia’s new $50 bill misspells “responsibility”.

10 Likes
2 Likes

CryptoQueen on the run from Feds, lawsuit after her OneCoin slammed as ‘an old-school pyramid scheme on a new-school platform’

Ignatova and her brother Konstantin are being sued in a New York federal court by investor Christine Grablis, who claims that the Bulgarian siblings ran a “$4bn Ponzi scheme” for an initial coin offering that “never really existed, on a blockchain that never really existed, born from mining farms that never really existed.”

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

this is very interesting, but in the very first instance of the term “superionic” in that article, the author misspelled it as “supersonic,” which, as a reader trying to make head or tail out of what some stranger is trying to convey into my neuron paths, is superconfusing. to the point of distraction. I take personal offense. I wish whatever fee this author earned could be docked for shitty proofreading.
I’m serious.

Well, they would say that, wouldn’t they.

3 Likes