Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Yeah, that speaker’s really saying something…

I Dont Understand The Arrival GIF by Bokeh Productions
…exactly what, I have no idea. :thinking:

13 Likes

But if you think really hard about it, you might have figured it out tomorrow. Or maybe you will figure it out yesterday.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Heather Chandler Movie GIF by filmeditor

12 Likes

Oooh! Ahhh! That’s how it always starts. Then later there’s running and screaming.

And the writhing in the sticky tentacle nets

9 Likes

At this point, would we really be WORSE off with the sea rising up and taking over…

Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by Paramount+

11 Likes

Hmm…
richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

8 Likes

Don’t worry, cats will save us!

cat attacks goldfish on ice fail

Maybe not.

17 Likes

That’s about on par with what autonomous car’s “autopilots” can do currently.

566532073e0df966930f2db21831be13cf0831ee_hq

12 Likes

“Eddie? Eddie! Where are you, Eddie? There’s bad guys out there, Eddie, and I’m hungry!”

4 Likes

This seemed familiar

(Skipping the obvious “Fish Tank” joke)

4 Likes

meh

4 Likes

Meme Head Out GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

Was Nathaniel Olds the coolest dude in the entire 19th century? Probably not, but he had the best look… A portrait of Nathaniel Olds, 1837, by Jeptha Homer Wade. The green-tinted spectacles worn by Olds were designed to protect the eyes from the intensity of Argand lamps, a type of indoor light used during the early 1800s. These lamps burned whale oil, and many people worried that its bright flames might damage eyesight.

Source

19 Likes

Joe Biden Lol GIF by NowThis

5 Likes

The funny thing about HP2000 minicomputers was that the day of the year counter automatically increments, but the year change/day reset has to be done manually by the operator.

No one noticed it before on the school board HP2000 because they usually had a few days before anyone was back in school. Come the new 1981, there were enough people online from non-school locations during the break that it was noticed as the days of “1980” kept on counting up 365, 366, 367, 368…

HPBASIC had limited date string functions, so I rolled my own for my bulletin board program, taking year, day of year, doing the leap year thing on it, turning it into strings. By fluke, it was the only program on the system displaying the correct date during that week or so until they updated it.

December 36, 1980…

4 Likes

Train videos have so many sub-genres. There’s the GoPro on the Cow-Catcher ones, etc, but this is a sleeper car one, starting at the hotel suite where Stalin and Margaret Thatcher slept. (Not together, I think…) Then, from Moscow, on the Red Arrow to Saint Petersburg, doing it Commissar style!

5 Likes
7 Likes

Born and raised during the Cold War, it kinda blows my mind to see someone posting a video of themselves filming and walking around in Moscow or on a train without either disappearing or finding themselves out in the street via the window.

6 Likes
4 Likes