Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Angry Bruce Lee GIF

5 Likes
18 Likes

Get used to batshit education stories coming out of Virginia. Trumpkin Youngkin’s administration will not disappoint in that regard.

“Aimee Guidera will advocate for “data-driven reform” and ensure that children are taught “how to think, not what to think,” Youngkin said

Sure-Jan

The CRT war that won him the election claims the first member of his admin prize.

11 Likes

I like the part where the founding fathers are all (except Thomas Paine) descendants of Jesus’s secret bloodline.

11 Likes

Don’t give Dan Brown any ideas.

6 Likes
12 Likes

Boneheadedly stupid. But this part:

No school board or employee thereof shall:

Create a position or hire a consultant with the job title of equity director or diversity director or a substantially similar title and with a job description that includes any activity that would result in a violation of a provision of this section.

<sigh>

10 Likes

season 1 idiots GIF by Portlandia

13 Likes
11 Likes

It’s terrible for homeowners forced to pay mortgages on destroyed homes in areas where they are forbidden to rebuild, too. When storms change natural boundaries, areas are declared to be disaster zones, or the regulations for new buildings are changed, insurance and federal assistance don’t always provide compensation for that. People who are living in areas under new threats from fire and floods should review their insurance policies carefully and adjust coverage accordingly.

12 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a “I don’t give a fuck,” or a mental health issue, but either way the professor is now on leave.

Caution: Very, very foul language. As well as a misunderstanding about Calvinist doctrine, despite being a “historian of science and racism.”

5 Likes

Nice fuckin move, prof!

Coulda done without the homophobic slur, though.

7 Likes
11 Likes

The corporate wars are starting already?

7 Likes

Russia starts playing by the rules: FSB busts 14 REvil ransomware suspects

Russia’s internal security agency said today it had dismantled the REvil ransomware gang’s networks and raided its operators’ homes following arrests yesterday in Ukraine.

In a statement the FSB (Federal Security Service) said “based on the appeal of the US competent authorities” it had raided 25 addresses apparently belonging to “14 members of an organised criminal community.”

That “community” is called REvil, said the Russian law enforcement agency. A translation of the FSB statement reveals that the 14 were charged under Article 187 of the Russian criminal code, which deals with “illegal turnover of means of payments.”

[…]

Wait, what?

7 Likes
17 Likes

The hell? When’s the last time a Fed Ex plane was attacked by a missile?

7 Likes

Oh No: Logan Paul’s $3.5 Million Box Of ’ Pokémon ’ Cards Was Just Old G.I. Joe Junk

e103a4d5904c02bb82b97ea3d4a150a4

12 Likes

15 Likes

This was the impetus for the initial development of the system tested in 2008. DHL though, not FedEx…

A similar system has been operating on large military aircraft for many years

7 Likes