Odd Stuff (Part 2)

No, I mean that she didn’t need her identify modified as “Robert Fripps wife” as she’s a star in her own right… Toyah is awesome all on her own, not just because she is married to another awesome person. Nothing at all against Fripp. He’s fucking great!

9 Likes

Robert Fripp isn’t the first thng I think about when I think of Toyah. I knew her from children’s television before I knew she had a music career.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Oh wow! I had no idea she did Children’s TV! TIL!

ICE CREAM ON TOAST! KETCHUP (tomato sauce?!?) ON TOAST! I love the Pob tree with the kid’s drawings…

That seems like it was a trippy kids show.

3 Likes

POB was a freaky show. It used to terrify me.

3 Likes

Dratted ‘housekeeping’, eh? 150k+ records deleted off UK’s Police National Computer database

An “error” in a “standard housekeeping process” on the UK’s controversial Police National Computer (PNC) database has led to the deletion of more than 150,000 DNA, fingerprint and other records, the Home Office has confirmed.
[…]

6 Likes

Something for the Weekend, sir?

5 Likes
3 Likes

It was as trippy as Sunday afternoon television got in 80s Britain. Everything else seemed to be religious or bland and inoffensive (AKA white and status quo).

Pob also had Nigel Kennedy, the punk classical violinist, on it a lot.

5 Likes

I wish we could just reopen all the “Whatchas” and leave them open. I often want to share a game or book or music but feel odd dumping it somewhere.

Anyway, found this group and was really tickled. Like… if The B-52s and Rasputina had a baby and it was folksy Ukrainian, but not.

DakhaBrakha

7 Likes

They did a tiny music concert back in the before times…

And were also on KEXP:

10 Likes

Hollywood drone pilot admits he crashed gizmo into cop chopper, triggering emergency landing

8 Likes

ezgif-7-1bddef3fa8ec

Let me know if I missed one! :wink:

ETA: they may reClose if there’s not enough activity. You can let me (or another Leader) know if it happens and we can reopen them.

8 Likes

Wait for it

12 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

I suffered, and now must you…

5 Likes

Ha! I remember that article.

1 Like

‘Paul?’ Mitt asked, curiously. ‘Is that you?’

A meaty neigh came out of the man before him, stark naked and on all fours. He wore a mohawk of a wig, a $20,000 polished leather saddle over his back, and a plug stuffed into his backside that gave him a beautiful arching tail. He reared up onto his hind legs, revealing the horse-like manhood on his underside.

I just… does anyone smell toast? I think something just happened to my brain.

7 Likes

Meh, I’ve read stranger things from self-published authors who give away their “masterpieces” for free on Kindle. Many of the tropes mentioned in the article (like characters switching gender) are old hat in fanfiction circles. If someone enjoys writing it, that’s fine, I guess… though I doubt Mitt and Ryan will ever be my preferred pairing.

4 Likes
4 Likes