Odd Stuff (Part 2)

3 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

So, secular millenarians, in other words. They can go fuck off with the waiting for angry Jesus crowd…

6 Likes

But we already have everything we need to destroy the world.
Seems redundant.

4 Likes

Well, TBF all religions seem to have their eschatological beliefs, this is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek. read the FAQ…

1 Like

The twenty-first century is unique in human history. At no other time has our species possessed more numerous and powerful means to end the world as we know it. The previous century gave us nuclear weapons; our own era adds new innovations — breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, nanotech, bioengineering, and other technologies — to the growing number of paths to anthropogenic apocalypse.

At present, it is difficult to estimate the likelihood of a global catastrophe. Researchers who study such scenarios vary in their conclusions. The best estimates place the chances of humanity surviving the present century somewhere between 9% and 50%.

This is an unacceptable level of uncertainty. We can do better.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve read skimmed their website.

2 Likes
4 Likes

No. While there might be sects that believe in “the end times” they don’t all take revelation-type scripture as seriously predicting the end of the world.

Poe’s law.

This kind of shit is really fucking tedious, considering that there seriously are people who are seeking to bring about end times, and will happily see millions of their fellow human beings die to get what they want. More distressing is that they are VOTING to end the world by electing people like Trump who will literally do nothing as hundreds of thousands of people die in a pandemic.

Maybe instead of spending so much time and effort on a stupid joke, they can put their time and energy into actually trying to improve shit.

This website ain’t it. It’s a smug, condescending joke by people who are far less impacted by issues like climate change and resource wars.

5 Likes

Most religions seem to have some sort of how the world started, and how the world will end disussions, it’s part and parcel of religion, explaining those sort of things. I’m definitely not enough of a religious scholar to debate this with any seriousness, but eschatology is by no manner of means Xians only.

The rest of this is subjective, and even the first point isn’t worth us arguing over, so I’ll drop it.

He’s really taking his anti-mask stance to the extreme.

4 Likes

I prefer the Center for the Study of Scatology.

5 Likes

I’m not sure - because of the stupid joke nature of their website - but I think they may be.

Everyone involved appears to be working somewhere on the kind of research that presumably might actually help solve something or other.

But, yeah, it’s an attempt at something or other that really doesn’t come across too well.

At least they’re not nihilists…

(Well, they say they’re not)

Headline winner of the day!

20 Likes

Pshaw. Uranus ain’t got nothing on my anus. (Or more accurately, Mr. Linkey’s anus. Phew!)

4 Likes

Winner!

11 Likes

Just once a day?!

Shhesh, someone needs to relax. A bit. And not when they’re around me, thnx.

10 Likes
13 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes