Odd Stuff (Part 3)

Reboing!

11 Likes

It’s the creepiest place on Earth :grimacing:

9 Likes

How much are they selling for? And are the utilities turned on?

Real estate scam of some kind? Are they just facades and someone dashed with the cash.

5 Likes

Most americans dont realize how big the USA is.

15 Likes

King? Everyone will LARP as a princess!

1 Like

12 Likes

…Except I get the feeling that’s exactly how a lot of Americans see the world. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

“…what should have been a dream development soon turned into a nightmare.”

The real nightmare is selfie stick camera work.

10 Likes

The orange continent is a nice touch!

Halloween Chefs Kiss GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

9 Likes

The Muppets Laughing GIF

And @KathyPartdeux

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

7 Likes

A popular music video was filmed there.

3 Likes

Crypto Loan Sharks and NFT Collateral

…the market for NFT loans only seems to be getting hotter.

According to NFTfi, the firm recently surpassed $100 million in loan volume since it launched in June 2020, with $70 million of that generated solely in 2022, as of April 14.

This is still an emerging market, however. The art lending business is currently valued at about $25 billion. Joe Charalambous, of the art financing firm TPC Art Finance, which provides traditional art-secured loans and has considered entering the NFT financing space, said that the demand for loans has been skyrocketing.

My young niece would say “sus” or “sketch”.

4 Likes

Ok, that’s… pretty… surreal.

:trophy:

1 Like

Idea:

We take every wannabe dictator, every megalomaniac, every tyrant… and install them in these castles, each subsidized by the defense budget from their country of origin, and then hire very well-paid actors trained in cognitive behavioral therapy to “staff” the castles.

Cheaper than a war.

We could replace the windows in the villas with giant LCD monitors that display whatever vista the inhabitant believes they have dominion over.

I realize there may be some details to work out… but still… better than having these buildings stand empty.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Then we seal the City in concrete.

5 Likes

NASA has been ignoring Uranus. That may soon change.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/nasa-has-been-ignoring-uranus-that-may-soon-change

1 Like

ASML CEO: Industrial conglomerate buying washing machines to rip out semiconductors

A large industrial conglomerate is being forced to take increasingly desperate measures to satisfy their needs for chips, according to ASML, a manufacturer of chip-making equipment.

Talking on an earnings call this week with financial analysts, Peter Wennick, CEO at ASML, said that “width of demand” for chips was “significantly underestimated” by industry and: “I don’t think that is going away.”

“I met the executive of a very large industrial company, a conglomerate, last week, and actually they told me that they’re buying washing machines to rip out the semiconductors to put them in industrial modules. I mean, that’s happening these days,” he said.

[…]

6 Likes

5 Likes

Maybe we shouldn’t put multiple computers in everything

5 Likes