Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Just sayin’.

8 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

11 Likes

Sand alone one BR apartment living?

Might make for a fun cabin in the woods.

6 Likes

The PLUS 1 steel frame tiny home kit costs $43,832, with payment plans and financing available.

Come Again Episode 2 GIF by P-Valley

6 Likes

Cheaper than a mid sized SUV!

8 Likes

eh, the market value of those pre-built storage sheds around the same size you get from the big box hardware, complete with shingles and locks on the doors, is like $10k +. most of that is materials. the little ones are cheaper, but they’re made out of plastic or aluminum siding with no insulation, and they’re just small, even smaller than a tiny house. and no/ minimal windows.

we got asked about building a shed 10 ft x 20 and my boss estimated $7k, and I’m not sure that included roofing since that’s not our specialty, the roof might have been extra. yeah, our labor isn’t exactly cheap but there’s no getting around the materials cost. like, you could build a tiny house that size cheaper, but paying someone to build you a tiny house that size is gonna be around what it lists for. “but they make them in a factory and can utilize economies of scale to make them cheaper.” well, yeah, but as long as hiring a contractor to make the same thing costs the same, they can still charge that much and people will buy it because they know exactly how it’ll be and they don’t have to wait.

11 Likes

To be fair, I’ve lived in a number of apartments smaller than 10’ x 20’, so I know it’s do-able, but perhaps not too far north. Our winters definitely cannot be withstood in only tin and plastic.

7 Likes
16 Likes

Wait till I tell all the mini skinks around here!

5 Likes

Oh no, don’t raise a stink with the skinks!

6 Likes

12 Likes

The real problem that tiny home proponents gloss over is connecting it to a city sewer or septic system. That could cost as much as the tiny home. Connecting it to expensive infrastructure also ruins the allure of being able to take off whenever.

7 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

As a portrait artist, I find this situation funny.

8 Likes

:astonished:

:laughing:

4 Likes

Thank u for that!

Long time laughing… :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh, so you like long things too?

Open wide! :laughing:

1 Like