Odd Stuff (Part 4)

7 Likes

10 Likes

With apologies to @nosaj, but this seems to apply here as well:

11 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Orcas, sea lions. What’s next? Blue whales?

10 Likes

Fun. Frustrating.

1 Like
3 Likes

The video game biz is usually quite secretive about putting actual sales info out so a mess up this big is quite noteworthy

4 Likes

6 Likes

They used a marker to make redactions?! That is very amateur hour. Adobe pro doesn’t cost that much and every law firm (or office of in-house counsel) should have it or something similar to make redactions.

8 Likes

Confused Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

12 Likes

Biden has disclosed he has sleep apnea for years now. Do they understand that the fact he is using a CPAP now actually makes him healthier than before?

12 Likes

Dark CPAPed Brandon strikes again!!!

9 Likes
6 Likes

Not sure what Adobe Pro does with the covered text these days. I recall an incident about 15 years ago in which PDF tools were used to redact text. They discovered, after the PDFs were released, that the “redaction” process covered underlying text with a black box but retained the underlying text. If you interfered with the box-covering step (using non-Adobe tools), you could read the document clearly.

Since then, when I need to redact stuff, I use a screengrab and edit the image directly, erasing the info. Keeping track of holes in the tools is too much work, and I don’t need to redact much.

1 Like

I think the case you’re thinking of they drew boxes over it rather than using the redaction tools. It may have been the case the redaction tools didn’t exist yet, I don’t know.

5 Likes

I suspect that’s it; or the redactor didn’t know about them.

Redaction isn’t part of my daily, or even monthly, workflow, so I’m absolutely not across the tech. Which is why I get by with a screengrab. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brie? I’d have gone with a Morbier myself, but chacun Ă  son goĂ»t.

2 Likes