Odd Stuff (Part 4)

8 Likes
5 Likes

Cops told: Er, no, you need a wiretap order if you want real-time Facebook snooping

4 Likes

One, which ran March 28, 1986, and features hyperactive Calvin going for a new look with sunglasses, fetched $174,000.

A second strip, this one from December 30, 1987, features Calvin engaging in what would become a signature: using snow to antagonize his father. It sold for $156,000.

while both secured impressive sums, a Watterson-colored Sunday strip remains the most coveted: One sold for $480,000 in 2022.

6 Likes

He seems to be bright and cheerful

remembers what the show is about

Oh my. Oh no.

3 Likes

BBā€™s front page looks like this on my lappytop:

tophat-biggrin

I clicked on georgie, girl, and got this:

ETA:
Shutting down and powering back on done the trick. Still, funky AF, no?

6 Likes

:thinking: Iā€™ll bet thereā€™s a more frowny, creepy version somewhere.

The Boys Homelander GIF by Todd Rocheford

5 Likes

My whole screen did something similarly funky about 4 days ago.
A reboot sorted it but, as you say, funky and something Iā€™d never seen before.

2 Likes

Same thing at other sites I visited, but BoingBoingā€™s home page was so amusing, and the georgie story looked so AWESOME innit tophat-biggrin

Weirderest of all, when I embiggened and ensmallened the affected (afflicted?) pages, the text entirely disappeared. tophat-wow

The proper text on BBā€™s home page briefly appeared, flickered, and was replaced with the gobbledegook w/in a fraction of a second. tophat-confused

tophat-cry tophat-sad tophat-rolleyes tophat-shrug tophat-tongue_ani

ETA: Plum fergot ta mention the star and home symbols at Weather Underground, oh, shit, lemme just make a screengrabā€¦

ahem The star and home WU symbols you see following ā€œWeather Conditionsā€ indicate a weather station thatā€™s part of favorites, and the userā€™s home station. Itā€™s only two streets away!* Those two symbols were transformed into a long, elegant Arabic? letter/s that looked like a catā€™s tail, stretched straight out behind and with a hookly twitchy tip. There was a tiny angled sexy sort of apostrophe above it. A diacritical mark perhaps? Wish Iā€™d screencapā€™d that!

*Two streets away, and much of the time itā€™ll rain there but not here, and vice versa. This is a weird place - it is not uncommon for rain to fall on the street just E of us, but not here.
Cherry Ooo Baby
jaw
mat

6 Likes

A friend was staying with me, so I have corroboration that one afternoon, we realized that it was raining hard in the intersection a half a block west of our windows. As in, ONLY in the intersection. I still donā€™t understand how thatā€™s possible.

8 Likes

13 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

7 Likes

Oh my God, that graphic. We need a ā€˜facepalmā€™ reaction option.
Unless the goal was to misrepresent data in a misogynistic way. In that case, mission accomplished.

10 Likes

Ah, so youā€™ve found my little rain cloud.

rain cloud GIF by gilalkabetz

12 Likes

Superbooth 2023: Korg Berlin Prototype Acoustic Synthesizer

The Korg Berlin lab show us their intriguing prototype Acoustic Synthesizer. We visited Korg at Superbooth 23 for their first public showing of their acoustic synthesis technology, where Tatsuya Takahashi gave an in-depth explanation on how Korgā€™s acoustic synthesis works including a sound demonstration.

8 Likes

Not Indian, but Iā€™m about 5ā€™ā€¦ :thinking:

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

And a puke one!

11 Likes

11 Likes

A witch in the neighborhood was practicing their weather skills.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some far less fun scientific explanation for the existence of one raincloud raining in only one very specific place, but I much prefer my own.

raincloud rain 1 rain

Same. I tell people Iā€™m

five foot one, just like Uncle Iggy. Iā€™m mostly German, 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Scots, a little English, anā€™ a wee drop oā€™ the Irish.

8 Likes

Gimme a sec, and Iā€™ll see what I can scare up. Iā€™ve been collecting smileys since the 90s, so I should be able to help.

ETA: No pukely ones in my possession, but I found a really cute facepalm! fool42 facepalm SMH

To atone for my lacking a vomitous smiley, I hereby present a fuckload of cool ones.
batsmile cockroach hmm lengra love u Mona nodding phones pain22 Frankie pain28 poisk pri rantsml

springeyes sticks out tongue susel tic trude what is he on abt whoa yr gr8 no yr gr8 writer 054 00010358
aaaaa4
alcoholic drink fool70 drunk hic alieneyesa attack boziggroepje
gekkie

7 Likes

Itā€™s also a weird grouping. No Scandis or the Dutch, who I believe are technically the tallest average population (although, what about the Tutsi?). Itā€™s like they picked only those countries that were all very close to Indiaā€™s average height, and then messed up the Y axis to make it seem like they werenā€™t. Thatā€™s so stupid it canā€™t be accidental, can it?

10 Likes