Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Oh I just mean we need to have it as a choice in the reaction gifs as part of the hearts!

But share what you got!!!

9 Likes
5 Likes

:thinking: I’m wondering if and how this has changed over time. Not seeing the US, but when I was a kid the average height for women in some publications was 5’4" tall. I passed that point in my teens, but never really noticed a big difference in height among my peers.

However, one incident I might’ve mentioned on BB in the past was a bus ride with a large number of younger students. We were only two years apart at most. When the bus stopped and everyone stood up, I was surprised to be able to see over everyone else’s heads.

Since I love wearing hats, this is going to make me avoid sitting front and center in any crowd… :grimacing:

Mindy Kaling GIF

11 Likes

In Seattle- I find myself feeling taller than in Philadelphia. The general population seems shorter. But they also have a Scandinavian population- I all of a sudden see women who are definitely taller than I with that look.

Some of that has to be better nutrition over time. My Irish grandfather, who grew up in very difficult circumstances; was 5’ 6”. His sons were about 6’.

13 Likes

Just look at them!

9 Likes

8 Likes

The true story here!

5 Likes

41K likes, 345 comments - Slash (@slash) on Instagram: "Reposted @gojiraofficial @tuskafestival rowing pit! #gojira #tuskafestival #finland #fortitudewor..."

Funny video on Instagram…

2 Likes

Joaquin Phoenix Awards Shows GIF by Golden Globes

3 Likes
8 Likes

Don’t mess with an old lady’s dog.

8 Likes

3 Likes

The art world thinks “eye level” is 4'9"

I wonder how long ago that was

https://wallx.io/blogs/news/proper-height-hang-pictures

7 Likes

Just bolt them to the ceiling. Problem solved!

9 Likes

There’s a huge height difference between Chinese- and American-born Chinese heritage folks. Even within families, where one child is born in China and then the second in born in the States. Diet is the stated reason, according to everything I’ve read.

8 Likes

Don’t mess with an old lady!

best friends lol GIF

10 Likes

Probably not that old. Part of the restrictions that make a low eye level “ideal”, is the height of the ceilings owned by those who can afford to own a painting or print. For many galleries the practice was to hang em high and hang as many as possible.

Still true for some exhibitions
https://i0.wp.com/heatherconnor.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/P7060183.jpg?w=2200
A real pain in the neck.

8 Likes

But if they investigate closer, it’ll probably be the guy who owns the amusement park.

9 Likes

Oh, nice. So much more relaxing that way.

lying down waking up GIF by globaltv

7 Likes

I remember as a kid it once rained at the back of the house, but not the front.

7 Likes